Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for jpg from win 10 not in Win 11

24 minutes ago, Anderton said:

Try searching for this:

ddf90d0e-6df3-4897-b32c-b27f60083f8f.bin

I just selected the image and chose "search with Bing," apparently it's a popular lock screen.

I search my C drive and Google but nothing was found.  I have found the image on web but not full HD image.  I guess I'm like most and love that pic.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

All you need to do is an image search, and you'll have a zillion hits for Windows wallpapers. For example, you can download all wallpapers from Windows 10, build 10159 from the Winaero.com site. 

However, here at Musicplayer.com, we go the extra mile! I found a Chinese site with a 1920 x 1200 version, although the thumbnail in this post is smaller. So, click on it to open it in a picture viewer, copy it, and paste it into Paint or whatever. It should expand to its full size, then save. Enjoy!

Win 10 Wallpaper.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

.jpg is a .jpg, the system should not matter at all. It hasn't changed for decades. 

It's a compression codec for images to make them take up less hard drive space. 

I don't think the problem is the format, but that it's not included in the wallpapers for Windows 11.

3 hours ago, Anderton said:

I don't think the problem is the format, but that it's not included in the wallpapers for Windows 11.

Ahh... gotcha. One of those "should have right clicked and saved the image" things maybe?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

17 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

Ahh... gotcha. One of those "should have right clicked and saved the image" things maybe?

Windows' default wallpapers are stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. So, if you want to save a particular wallpaper that came with Windows, that's the place to find it.

Interestingly, while poking around, I found the wallpaper that 16251 wanted under C:\Windows\Web\Screen. Maybe it's even there with Windows 11? I assume you should be able to find it in any Windows 10 computer, because it's a default screen.

• Like 1

Just now, Anderton said:

Windows' default wallpapers are stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. So, if you want to save a particular wallpaper that came with Windows, that's the place to find it.

Interestingly, while poking around, I found the wallpaper that 16251 wanted under C:\Windows\Web\Screen. Maybe it's even there with Windows 11?

Ahh, I'm a Mac user. I used Windows in some work environments but they kept us busy so I just did what I needed to do. 

The right click works on just about any image on a Mac. 

I often make copies of stuff I find online by selecting and then "printing", lower left is a tab that says PDF and you can print just about anything as a PDF file, open it in Photoshop and make it a variety of different file types. 

Alternate universes, we tend to stick with what we already have figured out. At least I do, I'm lazy that way and there's little incentive to do otherwise at this point. 

Right-clicks work with Windows too, but if you (for example) right-click on the image in the first post, it will be copied at that resolution.  You want to go to the source for the full HD version, or a web site that makes it available (like I did in my second post).

To me, Windows and MacOS continue to become more, not less, similar. These days, I can switch back and forth without having to think much about it. iOS/MacOS handle the Mac ecosystem more elegantly, but I still have to scratch my head as to why they're separate. You can run Android apps on Windows 11, so it must be possible. 

21 minutes ago, Anderton said:

Right-clicks work with Windows too, but if you (for example) right-click on the image in the first post, it will be copied at that resolution.  You want to go to the source for the full HD version, or a web site that makes it available (like I did in my second post).

To me, Windows and MacOS continue to become more, not less, similar. These days, I can switch back and forth without having to think much about it. iOS/MacOS handle the Mac ecosystem more elegantly, but I still have to scratch my head as to why they're separate. You can run Android apps on Windows 11, so it must be possible. 

The same is true with Mac OS, you do have to right click on the correct sized image for your purposes (or larger, easy to make an image smaller and still look good, impossible to make a smaller image look good larger). If the image is popular, as the OP indicates, then a larger version should be available to copy and paste. 

17 hours ago, Anderton said:

All you need to do is an image search, and you'll have a zillion hits for Windows wallpapers. For example, you can download all wallpapers from Windows 10, build 10159 from the Winaero.com site. 

However, here at Musicplayer.com, we go the extra mile! I found a Chinese site with a 1920 x 1200 version, although the thumbnail in this post is smaller. So, click on it to open it in a picture viewer, copy it, and paste it into Paint or whatever. It should expand to its full size, then save. Enjoy!

Win 10 Wallpaper.jpg

I found jpg. It wasn't HD res but it is better than what I found on web. It's a pic that nice to see in lock screen (not a fan of slideshow) and wanted to bring a little familiarity to my new (to me,) PC.  Thanks!

• Like 1

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, WadeMills said:

Just wanna add that you can try doing a reverse image search on popular search engines like Google. If you have a similar image or can describe it in detail (like "biplane flying over Hamilton Island"), this might lead you to a matching or similar image.

Seek help from online image communities and forums. There are platforms where users are experts at finding specific images. Posting your request there might yield positive results.
You can check out this Reddit thread with affordable Windows keys. They can provide you with good advise there. I hope one of these options helps you recover the image you're looking for or find a suitable replacement.