Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's with the survey barrage?

I just got another request for a survey - from Reverb. I think I've bought or sold maybe 6 items total in the time I've been on there and I rarely visit the site and never log in. 

Last night NUGEN Audio wanted a survey. I got a couple more this week, honestly don't remember who they were from, just that I deleted them and moved on with life. 

Anybody else being barraged with surveys? Maybe that's a "thing" now?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just now, Anderton said:

Maybe you should do a poll to find out if people are being barraged with surveys :)

Hi, please fill out our 5 minute survey on 5 minute surveys. Just 5 simple questions about 5 simple questions, we appreciate your response... 

GA!!!!

Chalk it up to "sales." Financial cycles usually include a period during which even your desired contacts start honking their horns at 3 a.m., seeking More. I once thought I could see the seasonal loop points, but as a weird desperation seems to settle in more deeply, there's no way. WE get many nice end-of-year sales from various MI companies, but "nice" only lasts so long. Then the honking begins anew. Baby gotta eat.

Polls are a sometimes annoying operational necessity that can identify wasted effort in non- or under-performing areas. My response is to answer polls from companies who bother me the least. As you can see, I'm not very good food for The Machine. 🤢

• Haha 1

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

4 hours ago, Bill Heins said:

That Nugen survey will give you a 100.00 coupon...they do it every year at thus time of the year.

Bill

True, but only for plugins that cost more than $100.

There were a couple of $129 plugins and some $150 plugins but I don't need or want any of them... so it goes.

For what they are offering (same old same old), their prices are not competitive. If they can sell a plugin for $29, then just sell it for $29.

1 hour ago, Bill Heins said:

I think a pickup truck shouldn't cost more than 30,000 but yuppies gots lots of moola to drive prices up ;)

I think a lot of these plugin companies that don't have tons and tons of sales wind up pricing higher than say Waves or IK Multimedia...everybody needs to eat :)

Bill

Of course the other argument is that they might have more sales if their offerings were more reasonably priced.

Or, if they offered an innovative product instead of repackaged same old same old.