Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How long before they start recycling movie theme songs?

Was watching the first Indiana Jones movie last night and while it was on the title screen waiting for me to hit play, it was playing the theme while I was washing some dishes. IMHO it is a nice theme, but not so catchy as to be permanently tied to Indiana Jones. That made me wonder when they will start reusing movie theme songs on new movies? It also made me wonder about the legalities of using a movie theme written specifically for a big bodger movie. Who owns the right to the song? Does the contract for composition stipulate that the song cannot appear in another movie without the permission of the company that paid for the original creation?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek: Enterprise used "Faith of the Heart", originally written by Diane Warren for Patch Adams as its theme song. I was not a big fan of that choice. In fact, there have been times when I came across an episode of that show (which I otherwise mostly liked), and when that theme came on, I turned it off.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Almost every James Bond song uses the original theme or a variation of it.

But that adds a connection, even when different actors play Mr. Bond in their own style.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<