Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Cloud + Zen Board + AU/VST

ElmerJFudd

Do I understand this correctly?  If you buy a license for say… the Jupiter-8 or Juno-60 in the Roland Cloud, that means you can run it as an AU/VST in a host on your Mac/PC.  Does this lifetime license also give you access to that model on Zen based boards that support it?  And which boards exactly can run the models?  Fantom? Fantom-0? Others? Does the Jupiter-X come with all their Zen software models? 

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Ya apparently you buy models to run as plugins on your desktop OS or you buy them to run on Roland hardware.  If you choose a subscription you select “Cloud Pro” or “Cloud Connect Pro”.  Cloud Pro provides access to the desktop OS plugins.  Cloud Pro Connect provides access to the versions that run on Roland hardware.  Which Roland hardware is noted on a per model basis. 

Roland Cloud Connect is not a subscription, it is the combination package of the USB wireless adapter WC-1 that plugs into compatible keyboards and a year of Roland Cloud Pro membership. Besides the 3 levels of Roland Cloud membership there is also two types, the regular monthly subscription and the Play4Life version that you pay in advance. Pay4Life does not include the lowest level of membership. With Play4Life, buying a year of Pro entitles you to choose one instrument to get a lifetime license for. Ultimate level gives you two instruments. I chose the ultimate level which cost $200 paid in advance. I like this deal because I get the ultimate subscription which would add up to $240 if I paid monthly, AND I get two instruments which would sell for a total of $300. It is not a bad way to go. The one downside is when I buy a Roland Cloud Connect device, because I already have an ultimate level subscription I don't seem to get any use of the 1 year of pro that comes with the package.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

2 hours ago, RABid said:

Roland Cloud Connect is not a subscription, it is the combination package of the USB wireless adapter WC-1 that plugs into compatible keyboards and a year of Roland Cloud Pro membership. Besides the 3 levels of Roland Cloud membership there is also two types, the regular monthly subscription and the Play4Life version that you pay in advance. Pay4Life does not include the lowest level of membership. With Play4Life, buying a year of Pro entitles you to choose one instrument to get a lifetime license for. Ultimate level gives you two instruments. I chose the ultimate level which cost $200 paid in advance. I like this deal because I get the ultimate subscription which would add up to $240 if I paid monthly, AND I get two instruments which would sell for a total of $300. It is not a bad way to go. The one downside is when I buy a Roland Cloud Connect device, because I already have an ultimate level subscription I don't seem to get any use of the 1 year of pro that comes with the package.

Forgive me for finding this confusing… 

If you sign up for a level of Roland Cloud - let’s say Pro.  You get access to AU/VST versions of Zenology and Zenology FX.  But you need to purchase Model expansions at $149 a piece (in addition to the one included with membership). Will those Model expansions run on both your Mac/PC and your compatible Roland hardware - say a Fantom-07?  I’m under the impression at the moment that you would need both a lifetime license and a lifetime key.  Sold separately?  

Using the Jupiter-60 as example.  It seems it is available as AU/VST.  It looks like it’s included on the Juno-X and can be loaded onto the System-8 (do you have to buy it in addition to the System-8?). Is it included on the Jupiter-X?  If not can it be loaded onto the Jupiter-X? 

I hesitate to answer because I am afraid that I will tell you something wrong, but here goes. Understand that I have the Ultimate plan that gives me access to almost everything and am not as experienced with the other plans. I do know this, when you buy the Juno-x it comes with some preloaded instruments. Those are only for the Juno-X. To install them on the System 8 or use them as a VST on computer you have to have the lifetime license or an annual plan that will cover it. With the Pro plan you do get Zenology and the sound packs, but you also get to choose two legendary instruments to license. For example, Jupiter 8 and JD-800. With the Play4Life Pro plan you get to choose one instrument to get a lifetime license. Either plan will allow you to use them on computer and load them onto keyboards in which they are compatible with. With the monthly Pro plan consider them rental units and they work as long as you continue the subscription. When you put them on a keyboard they will work for 30 power cycles. Before the 30 cycles is up you need to connect the keyboard to the cloud and reset the counter. Easy to do with the USB wireless WC-1. If you buy a permanent license or get one with the Play4Life plan you no longer have to deal with the power cycle. I'm not sure you can install them on more than one keyboard. Right now my only keyboard is the Jupiter Xm so I have not been able to test this. There are a few things not included in the Ultimate plan, like the wavetable engine that works on the Fantom. For that you have to buy a key.

• Thanks 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

57 minutes ago, RABid said:

I hesitate to answer because I am afraid that I will tell you something wrong, but here goes. Understand that I have the Ultimate plan that gives me access to almost everything and am not as experienced with the other plans. I do know this, when you buy the Juno-x it comes with some preloaded instruments. Those are only for the Juno-X. To install them on the System 8 or use them as a VST on computer you have to have the lifetime license or an annual plan that will cover it. With the Pro plan you do get Zenology and the sound packs, but you also get to choose two legendary instruments to license. For example, Jupiter 8 and JD-800. With the Play4Life Pro plan you get to choose one instrument to get a lifetime license. Either plan will allow you to use them on computer and load them onto keyboards in which they are compatible with. With the monthly Pro plan consider them rental units and they work as long as you continue the subscription. When you put them on a keyboard they will work for 30 power cycles. Before the 30 cycles is up you need to connect the keyboard to the cloud and reset the counter. Easy to do with the USB wireless WC-1. If you buy a permanent license or get one with the Play4Life plan you no longer have to deal with the power cycle. I'm not sure you can install them on more than one keyboard. Right now my only keyboard is the Jupiter Xm so I have not been able to test this. There are a few things not included in the Ultimate plan, like the wavetable engine that works on the Fantom. For that you have to buy a key.

Thank you for the best explanation I’ve read anywhere.  

They should really do a chart/diagram for their users.   I found this explanation in a blog.  But it didn’t cover all I was asking.  https://www.gak.co.uk/blog/roland-zen-core/