Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RGB Critter 2: High quality RGB flashlight for light painting?
1427674787_8677_kenlee_Georgia_221207_1855_2mf8iso400_Car-City-RGB-Critter-7_Buick-blue-headlights-interior-mysterious2048px.thumb.jpg.bbe94676d134ed190265b7b41eab2623.jpg
The RGB Critter 2.0 is an extremely bright, high-quality RGB LED color-changing flashlight designed for flow art. How would it perform for light painting subjects in night photography?

1053193065_8674_kenlee_Georgia_221207_1855_2mf8iso400_Car-City-RGB-Critter-4_Chevrolet-grille-closeup-red-headlight2048px.thumb.jpg.401ff0296c690c7d8451dbf13bf8f44a.jpg

https://photofocus.com/reviews/rgb-critter-2-high-quality-rgb-flashlight-for-light-painting/

#photofocus #kenlee #RGBCritter #AntsOnaMelon #AOAM #lightpainting #nightphotography #flowarts #photography #longexposure #ledlights Ants on a Melon, Inc.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

That Buick needs a dentist, it's a bit long in the tooth... 😇

It makes me wonder, was adding all those extra bumper guards a thing they used to do "back in the day"?  Like how the kids these days customize their cars with big wings and cannon-sized exhausts....  I don't think the stock Buicks came that way but there's a couple more just like it (or similar) at the Nevada ghost town we went to, so maybe it's not just a coincidence.

11 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Looks like it works well.

That Buick needs a dentist, it's a bit long in the tooth... 😇

Yeah, I'd say the Critter performed admirably, both for lighting and surviving a dripping forest! :D 

Bucky! I've got a few other fun photos of "toothy" vintage automobiles that need a dentist.

9 minutes ago, Lou Gehrig said:

It makes me wonder, was adding all those extra bumper guards a thing they used to do "back in the day"?  Like how the kids these days customize their cars with big wings and cannon-sized exhausts....  I don't think the stock Buicks came that way but there's a couple more just like it (or similar) at the Nevada ghost town we went to, so maybe it's not just a coincidence.

I'm hardly any expert, but just in Old Car City USA alone, I saw a number of Buicks with these huge ol' giant bumper guards.

8 minutes ago, Lou Gehrig said:

I've only skimmed the article, so maybe I missed it....  Is there a way to dial down the saturation?  I always find it's too easy to overcook the blue.

A nice pale blue is one of my favorite lights to use (think of the various scary scenes in Terminator II which were almost totally blue).

There is no way to dial down the saturation. I believe I mention that in the article, along with the fact that you cannot alter the colors. You get the 39 colors the way they are and that's it. However, for an RGB flashlight, ProtoMachines aside, I don't think you can find one that has more than about four colors, typically RGBW. 

I don't believe this is an issue, though.

Check out the photos in the article. I discuss overcooking blue and red and how this light is still able to retain the details. And of course, the Critter has less saturated versions of red, blue, green, and other colors as well.

1 hour ago, Lou Gehrig said:

Sounds good!  I'll give the article a better read when I'm not distracted like I am here at the office.  The rest of the world has switched over to Holiday Mode but our clients sure haven't!

Great! Hopefully you like the review.