Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pirates intro on...CS80

timwat

Look like Tom Szakaly of NoddysPuncture - 

https://www.youtube.com/@noddyspuncture/videos

• Like 1

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

7 hours ago, Motif88 said:

Look like Tom Szakaly of NoddysPuncture - 

https://www.youtube.com/@noddyspuncture/videos

Known Ed, the singer in that band for years. He's from my small hometown in NE England.
Almost joined him in his Bowie tribute band, but ended up in Dubai instead!

Tom is insanely brilliant. It's some dedication to take out rigs like that. What a guy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, David Emm said:

Its missing the GX elements, the effects and the better reputation. PASS. :popcorn:

Yeah me too. 👍

Funny how some things don't come through well in this medium. My bad. My wink about promised hardware replicants which don't appear when promised and when they do, are known to not replicate the original hardware faithfully would be one of those fails.

A year ago, my CS80 ideal would have been Deckard's Dream but today? No, the GX80 has hit all my sweet spots.

BTW its great that CA didn't create a generic "slop"  parameter for the pitch drift but they went through and modeled the special character of it. That subtle distinction makes all the difference to the hugeness of the instrument when you've got multiple notes going. Right now I've got GX80 on 4X oversampling with one of Mike Martin's Blade Runner presets. I am running it through a 5.5 second Seventh Heaven reverb with a bit of Valhalla Supermassive for subtle turbulence. You can't get any more epic than that. Seriously.