Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interested in three nights in an amazing, weird and fun location filled with old cars, trucks, buses and buildings?  Join host Tim Little and Ken Lee as we explore this small Nevada town under moonlight! 4-6 May 2023. You'll learn the basics and more about night photography, light painting, star trails, composition, techniques, tips and more in a safe, friendly environment!

https://capenightphotography.smugmug.com/Nelson-Ghost-Town

52519997613_fd91f0dd1e_b.jpg

52506105764_06c546d885_b.jpg

49806431733_0a7c4b6da7_b.jpg

52519794490_938049f9ff_b.jpg

51225587982_d8486c2f7a_b.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like fun!!!!

Beautiful work, as always Sir Ken. 👍

Maybe I'll win the lottery before then, otherwise I'll have to sit this one out. 

Abandoned places up here are buried and disappear, blackberry bushes will eat everything and anything...

They are not even native, some fool planted a few somewhere and now they range from well up into British Columbia and down into California. 

Sort of like letting a couple of little pythons go in the Everglades or a rabbit or two in Australia. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Tim and Ken will keep all the participants in stitches, I am sure!  

Confession time: When I first saw Tim's teaser video a few weeks ago, for a moment or two I thought he was referring to the WV prison you guys went to.  I'm not sure why I thought that....   I guess it jumped to mind when he said "creepy abandoned place".  It took a little thinking before I realized he meant Nelson, which admittedly is probably better suited for it anyway.  With that said, yes, there's a lot to shoot here!  I am as always drawn to the vehicles.

I'd love to make a repeat visit, but I will probably be joining Kuru P. in watching from afar (after a chaotic year this has been).  Hope everyone has a great time, and we look forward to the pics!

2021:

DSC_4536crop.jpg

Thanks! Yes, it's Nelson again, and we are looking forward to it! We have a lot of fun things that we are discussing right now. Sorry you two can't make it!!

4 hours ago, Lou Gehrig said:

Well, I watched the new video.....   Now I'm back on the fence.  Maybe I'll come!  I'll probably be kicking myself if I don't go.

So I'm officially a "maybe".  🎱  <-   I'll ask the Magic 8 Ball.

Gosh.....sorry to be so tempting, haha! :D This place is incredible! I hope that you can come, as I think it'll be a lot of fun!!

I just realized that I made another thread. This is the video in case anyone else is interested in seeing it. And it's a cool breakdown of the place and photos of the place even if you're really sure that you will not attend.