Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: YCB news I want to Share...

Guys

Something really exciting has happened over the last 2 weeks I want to share with you all.

As you know, I manage a band called YCB who are a Britfunk band in the UK.

Well we were approached by a certain TV company who are making a dvd Documentary about the Beastie Boys and they wanted to use our music as backround on it.

Well the dvd went into final edit yesterday and it will be released in 6 weeks time and they are using YCBs music.

This is really exciting for us as we were wondering how it would fit in with the Beastie Boys but it does.

If your all intrested, i'll let you know where you can purchase it.

I'm well chuffed and the guys in the band can't beleive its come to the Y-Chromo Boyz meet the Beastie Boys :D:D:D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx guys. We are well excited!

After all we are a mere British band just trying to get our music heard and now it will be, all around the world and thats awesome!!

Gus, right now with all the committments I have, i can just about keep ontop of my work load.

I not only manage, I also run my own company promotiing new talent and putting on gigs and tours so its been pretty hectic as we have just opened a office in The Netherlands which is taking of pretty quickly.

Hey, still get intouch tough a Info@funkmanagementuk.com and send me an MP3...you never know ;)

Thx guys :thu: your all to kind.

I am just the biz mind of the band, the real credit HAS to go to the Boyz who have worked really hard towards this goal in writing and producing outstanding music.

Without them, i wouldn't have had the encouragement and faith in getting them to where they are.

I am well proud of them all and they all know it :)

Originally posted by YaCaBaby:

This is really exciting for us as we were wondering how it would fit in with the Beastie Boys but it does.

That's great, babe!

Once the producers heard the Beastie's music, they probably knew they needed to hire a better band. I guess that'd be YOU guys! :thu::D

Glad you're company is going places. Maybe you and NYC Drew can put on some big production somewhere...somewhere nice...and fly us all in to play. Yeahhhhhh, that's the ticket! :cool:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

Hi YCB...

In London now (tonight) until morning of 4th. Doing an album release party tomorrow (Maxi Priest); plus I'm gonna hit Busta's party tonight.

Living at the K West Hotel in Westminister.

Harris is the last name. Buzz if you wish.

Hey Drew

Give me your number via IM here or email me and we can hook up before you go back.

YaCa

Thx Phil :thu:

Drew, we will talk later when yur State side.

What a night hey, rain, London half flooded and dam terrorist arrests and not a bomb scare as they said.

Safe journey my friend :)

You see folks, we were ment to meet up last night but never quiet managed it because of the terrorist arrests in London last night and I had to drive home in the end.

What a wet night with all the rain and beleive me when you had spent as much time as i did to get ready, you don't need to get wet! :(

Drew, speak later on.

After all we are a mere British band just trying to get our music heard and now it will be, all around the world and thats awesome!!

Gee...that's never happened before, has it? :D:D:D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

The way things are going, its looking good even if a few people like the music, we have acheved what we wanted. :D

Ya know...that's the bottom line, I think for any (I'll use the term "true") artist. If a few people like it, it's really enough. Enough to validate that your efforts aren't in vain. Anything more than that is frosting on the cake... :D:D

Of course, some folks get more frosting than others... ;) ...here's hoping you all get a lot!!!

Originally posted by Tedster:

The way things are going, its looking good even if a few people like the music, we have acheved what we wanted. :D

Ya know...that's the bottom line, I think for any (I'll use the term "true") artist. If a few people like it, it's really enough. Enough to validate that your efforts aren't in vain. Anything more than that is frosting on the cake... :D:D

Of course, some folks get more frosting than others... ;) ...here's hoping you all get a lot!!!

Ted...thank so much for those kind words...

I guess when you have been in the biz for as long as we have, you learn to except that everything that happens is a blessing even if its a nice comment like yours.

Much appreciated and if we get more of that cake, i will save the icing especially for you. :)

YoCaBaby,

Congrats.

I'd be curious to check out the DVD -- please keep us posted.

(I know I may be just a cat, but I too share a vicarious link with the Beasties -- same label/management for a minute.)

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by flyscots:

No Ted, they haven't invented televisions here yet ;):D

No...I just don't know how much American programming you get. We really don't get much Scottish programming...

Archived