Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Venmo'd my Tip Jar

Pre-emptive since I don't have a gig until the 21st. 

A while back, one of the fine musicians on Keyboard Corner mentioned that many people no longer carry cash and that they'd added a Venmo scan patch so the audience has more options. 

I told a friend about it and he's gotten as much as $150 in Venmo tips at gigs since adding the option. 

Today I printed and laminated the patch. I added "Venmo accepted and appreciated, Thank You! at the bottom of the paper so everybody will know what it is. 

The print and lamination cost around $3 total, both self serve at Fed Ex Office (used to be Kinko's). 

I created a Venmo account a while ago and never logged in so they sent me an email offering to give me $5 if I just did something. 

So, I'm $2 ahead. That will almost get you a cup of coffee somewhere, unless you make your own. 

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

21 minutes ago, Anderton said:

Beats Spotify, eh?

Yep, a good friend of mine recorded a new album of her original songs and put it on Spotify. 

She had something like 22,000 streams. I think that comes to about $96?

Sounds like a smart move. Did you also put your email address on the printout so they know where to send it?

My best friend loves Venmo. I never used it. Sold him a set of congas and he wanted to send me the money via Venmo. Had to go old school and write a check. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Just now, RABid said:

Sounds like a smart move. Did you also put your email address on the printout so they know where to send it?

My best friend loves Venmo. I never used it. Sold him a set of congas and he wanted to send me the money via Venmo. Had to go old school and write a check. :)

The Venmo "patch" is exclusive to my email account. Everybody gets their own patch. My friend printed his about 7 inches square and it works great. 

All they have to do is scan the patch with their phone and decide how much money to send. It's super simple for the donater, that's one of the coolest things about it. 
I was slow to add it to my ish but it's a thing that will not go away. So many people no longer carry cash, how can they tip you? Venmo!

• Like 1