Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: So...where are you?

bill5

10 hours ago, Stokely said:

Yeah the coast is amazing, but as you can imagine the real estate gets more pricey.  I live vicariously by browsing Zillow and Realtor.com for places in various parts of the country, and if I find a cool house I get on google maps and cruise the area in street view to kind of see what it would be like to live there :)  Hey, beats tv and almost anything on Netflix :D 

I have a notion to take a working vacation up there to some random town in the wintertime to get a "worst case" feel for it.  As long as I have internet I can work.  I could take an actual family vacation but then you get the pressure of packing in sights and experiences every minute, and you have to give the young'uns something to do.  I'm sure I'll freeze my ass off but I'm boiling my ****s off 10 months of the year here.  

Let me know if  you come up here and I can show you around.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

On 11/2/2022 at 5:10 AM, Outkaster said:

New England is nice.

Lots of people moving to northern New England: Vermont, Maine, New Hampshah.  The housing and infrastructure for growth just doesn't exist, so real estate has become more expensive.  I don't know the stats, but if you live there you can see it with your own eyes.  Probably peaked during the pandemic, so prices probably easing up a tiny bit now.  Long time New Englanders will tell you winters are not as cold as it used to be, which is to say, it's still really really cold.  If you like winter sports you'll be fine, it's the people who don't who suffer.  Summers are warmer.  people who thought they'd never need AC are getting it now.  There's shortages of all kinds of labor, from restaurant servers to house cleaners to construction workers.  Native New Englanders are as reserved and stand-offish as ever, but as people arrive from other places it becomes easier to find transplants who are more welcoming and friendly.  More diversity will be a good thing.  In Vermont at least, there's way too many Grateful Dead cover bands.   Very few gigs, too much musical patchouli.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

51 minutes ago, Adan said:

Lots of people moving to northern New England: Vermont, Maine, New Hampshah.  The housing and infrastructure for growth just doesn't exist, so real estate has become more expensive.  I don't know the stats, but if you live there you can see it with your own eyes.  Probably peaked during the pandemic, so prices probably easing up a tiny bit now.  Long time New Englanders will tell you winters are not as cold as it used to be, which is to say, it's still really really cold.  If you like winter sports you'll be fine, it's the people who don't who suffer.  Summers are warmer.  people who thought they'd never need AC are getting it now.  There's shortages of all kinds of labor, from restaurant servers to house cleaners to construction workers.  Native New Englanders are as reserved and stand-offish as ever, but as people arrive from other places it becomes easier to find transplants who are more welcoming and friendly.  More diversity will be a good thing.  In Vermont at least, there's way too many Grateful Dead cover bands.   Very few gigs, too much musical patchouli.

Adan I have heard that.  I saw a good band in NH in 2019 in Portsmouth .  They weren't a dead band but a pop foursome that was very good.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Ras al Khaimah, northern UAE… A lovely marina view apartment overlooking the Arabian Gulf. I've woke up in worse places!

Only an hour or so down the motorway to the metropolis of Dubai, but the peace and quiet here is beautiful.
Makes a great change from making noise all the time 🙂 But, when I want to at home, neighbours are all out 👍

243177151_3068353580067074_2522416596291059483_n.jpg

• Like 1

My first thought seeing that is...how's the fishing :)  Growing up in FL I was about fishing, and still like it when I get the chance (saltwater).   The pollution and algae blooms have mostly made me ditch the hobby though in the areas I used to fish, hence one more thing I won't miss.

Central Delaware for me. Pretty convenient to Philly, Baltimore, the DE shore. 

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com