Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your favorite multiple effects package?

I only realized today that Moog released the Moogerfoogers as VST's. A set of 7 for $149 is not bad. Same price as the U-He Uhbik 9 effects set which I have also been considering. I have to say the Sweetwater demo of the Moogerfooger VST's was not nearly as interesting as some others I saw. I have the U-He set in Reason and don't really want to pay again to get them as VST's. Comparing the two, the Moogerfoogers seem to have more character and tie together well. The Uhbik collection was deeper and cleaner. I would consider buying them again as VST if they go on sell for Black Friday, but then, they are also working on version 2. It might be better to wait. A collection I did buy recently and really enjoy is the Shaperbox 2 collection by Cableguys. 8 effects for $99 that allow you to draw control vectors of various loop length. You can even split them into three bandwidths of control. I consider this set a must have for electronic music. Anytime a VST is fun to use, that is a good thing.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

17 minutes ago, RABid said:

I only realized today that Moog released the Moogerfoogers as VST's. A set of 7 for $149 is not bad. Same price as the U-He Uhbik 9 effects set which I have also been considering. I have to say the Sweetwater demo of the Moogerfooger VST's was not nearly as interesting as some others I saw. I have the U-He set in Reason and don't really want to pay again to get them as VST's. Comparing the two, the Moogerfoogers seem to have more character and tie together well. The Uhbik collection was deeper and cleaner. I would consider buying them again as VST if they go on sell for Black Friday, but then, they are also working on version 2. It might be better to wait. A collection I did buy recently and really enjoy is the Shaperbox 2 collection by Cableguys. 8 effects for $99 that allow you to draw control vectors of various loop length. You can even split them into three bandwidths of control. I consider this set a must have for electronic music. Anytime a VST is fun to use, that is a good thing.

Hop on over to Eventide and give Physion 2 a spin. I had Physion and updated to 2, they added more functionality and a couple more effects. 

Essentially, you can split the Transients (the sound of the attack) from the tones ( the part of the sound that has a pitch) and apply a variety of different effects to each of them. You can also mix Transients and Tones at any level you want.

In a way, it's like having 2 sets of effects all in a single easy to use window. Bang for the buck, great sounds and unique possibilities. 

The trial version is good for 30 days, I highly recommend it. I had to have it, no regrets. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

23 hours ago, RABid said:

A collection I did buy recently and really enjoy is the Shaperbox 2 collection by Cableguys.

And exactly one week after I buy Shaperbox 2 they release Shaperbox 3 with 2 more effects in the collection. Just logged onto their web site and the entire updated package is marked as owned. No charge for the update or the extra effects. 👍

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Physion 2 user guide attached so you can see how it works. Multi-effects in abundance plus splitting transients and tones. 

It's become a go-to for me, drop one plug-in during mix-down and you can do almost anything to the sound. 

I'm big on parallel processing, I don't always do it but often I like to copy and paste a duplicate track, add effects and animate volumes so there are smooth transitions from the unaffected track to crazy world. 

Physion+Mk+II+User+Guide.pdf

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, GovernorSilver said:

Helix Native/HX Stomp

+1 on that!! 

I also think a lot of the effects that are bundled with DAWs are underrated, because they're bundled. Ableton's plug-ins come to mind - they're pretty amazing. The Death of ReWire complicates my using them with other DAWs.

PreSonus has made several of their plug-ins available for other DAWs. A lot of Cakewalk's plug-ins work in other DAWs as well. Would love to see Ableton do the same thing.

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

I'll be updating my HX Stomp XL to Helix 3.50 this weekend.

I've been putting off matriculation at UoCA-H (University of Craig Anderton at Helix) but plan to start soon.

As long as you have the course materials, you'll be in good shape :)

Sugar Bytes Turnado. There's a version for iPads as well. You have to treat it somewhat like another synth. It can become complex easily if you're willing to tweak it, but it pays off. Its like the Treked-up version of my noisy but beloved Roland SE-50 half-rack. Physion 2 has my interest, though. Dear Santa... 

https://sugar-bytes.de/turnado

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"