Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia youtube event

UnderGroundGr

Any predictions?

I hope they will introduce new controllers(keylab mk3)...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Mini freak has audio in, but only channel aftertouch. I’ve been looking for a little board like these for a while. Nearly hit the buy button several times on the baby Cobalt, but liked the more versatile tiny Hydra. Audio In is pretty important to me, so I might go ahead and preorder Arturia’s new wee form factor as soon as available online.

Still pining for a midi-melodica and rumors have it CME may be working on a new breath controller thingie…VERY interested to hear more about that!

• Like 1

Mini freak it's a very nice and interesting hybrid synth and the price is very good!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

I listened to a few MiniFreak demos on the YouTube and I can't help but notice some slight noise and clipping/distortion all the time. Not sure if it's an inherent thing with the sound engine or they just use too much noise and distortion effects in these demo patches but it's not my cup of tea.

I recommend listening to the generous collection of presets at the end of the Loopop review. I liked the MicroFreak, but this version adds a lot of what I'd want and loses very little from its predecessor. I'd love to have those assignable touch strips in a separate USB box I could use anywhere! You'll probably see a lot of these next to BeatStep Pros soon.

Analog Lab has been appreciably upgraded and the new AUGMENTED Grand Piano looks appealing. Having Pianoteq, I don't need the latter, but it has an underlying synth-like engine that deserves a thorough walk-through. Its a matrix of avant-garde goodness with many useful options.

• Like 1

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

11 hours ago, brenner13 said:

Mini freak available at most online retailers for preorder this morning…got my name in the hat!Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? NO ONE, what are you, high? 🤨:puff:

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, marino said:

For the first time ever, I'm attracted to a synth with mini-keys... I must be getting older.

Arturia's mini keys is playable because it's wider than minikeys from other companies...

I have keystep(it has the same keybed) and it's fine.

If I were to get one of the small keyboards for my live rig, I'd want a vocoder on it, so that gives me pause about the Hydrasynth explorer and others.  Seems like they missed an opportunity there.  Then again, I could more easily justify it as a desktop home controller with that poly aftertouch :)  It's all about rationalizations sometimes!

12 hours ago, UnderGroundH said:

Arturia's mini keys is playable because it's wider than minikeys from other companies...

I have keystep(it has the same keybed) and it's fine.

Ha ha, thanks, but I knew all that already... I have played Keystep, and every kind of action on earth. Keystep *does* have mini-keys, although of a slightly higher quality than other instruments. Fact is, for me (ideally) every keyboard should be hammer-action weighted, so I guess I'm in the minority these days. :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, brenner13 said:

High on life, my friend. And giddy with excited anticipation for a new tool to make strange and unusual music with.

I think "High on life" has become the substitute default label because "Punch-drunk due to the $#@! news" doesn't have a very encouraging ring to it.

I wish you good fun with your Minifreak. IMO, it'll be popular, because it ticks off so many of the right boxes, to quote from Bad Gear. I'm so ITB, I'm married for life, but my GAS is being tweaked because of the variety in the design. I'm wondering who will take to it the most and how they'll apply it. Its faaar to one side of an OB-X8.