Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Did you get a chance to listen to the Photofocus Podcast Roundtable “Real or not real”? Have a listen!

It is over an hour, but it goes quickly. I would love to know your opinions about AI-generated art and some of the other subjects we discuss! You can also catch this podcast in Apple Play or wherever you listen to podcasts.

"In this episode our panel talks about Artificial Intelligence emerging as an image creator. We touch on appearing 'dangerous' (mostly) because of our photography gear, and then we get to ask Ken all about his light painting experience."

Naturally, this involves abandoned places as well as natural landscapes!

https://photofocus.com/podcasts/real-or-not-real-with-ken-lee/

Ep8_Ken_Thumb.jpg?w=1500&ssl=1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying at a friend's vacant house while my condo is repaired. 

Internet here is glacially slow, Wi-Fi "hot spot". Can't watch the video, it freezes. 

I will note that AI can only regurgitate that which has been provided and humans must still provide the initial blatherspew that AI parses in it's own way. THIS is where the creativity of AI comes in, human programming. 

Remarkable things could be done, I can accept AI "created" art in the same way that I accept that adding an effect to my guitar may change how I approach the music. 

I don't think people should fear it, AI is every bit as capable of spewing forth less than wonderful results as humans are and there is so much more art in existence than any of us could ever observe and enjoy that it just doesn't matter. 

The ocean is huge, trying to empty it with a 1 gallon plastic pitcher will be futile and even if you could do it, all the water would just be in a different place.

AI will never replace human made art, it IS human made art. More a question of which humans than of Art being Art. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 2 weeks later...

No worries. It's audio only, not a video.

But that's about right, it is creating something from what we feed it.

Sorry, gonna be absent for a while here. Family stuff going on. Might not be here for a couple more weeks.

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

No worries. It's audio only, not a video.

But that's about right, it is creating something from what we feed it.

Sorry, gonna be absent for a while here. Family stuff going on. Might not be here for a couple more weeks.

All my best to you and yours, I understand family stuff. 

If we try to help everybody, we can hope that somebody will help us when we need it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome back!

It seems we agree to a certain extent on use of AI. 

I can see how helpful it is for making animated cartoons, just for one thing. 

They had to draw every frame of the vintage Looney Tunes cartoons, that would get expensive quickly in our times. 

Still the best cartoons though, Mel Blanc (did ALL the vocal tracks) was a straight up genius.