Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Qube Audio Mobi One - Cubase/Nuendo Controller

I watched the video, and there are a two things that have me scratching my head:

It seems it shouldn't be necessary to deal with another control to change a control to fine tuning mode. Most of the controllers I've used implement acceleration with a single control - turn it fast, changes happen quickly. Turn it slowly for fine tuning.

I know it would raise the price, but a single motorized fader would make all the difference in the world. PreSonus had/has huge success with the FaderPort, which has only one motorized fader. But with a channel strip-centric control, a single fader handles most of what you need. The only reason I can think of for them not doing that is because they're planning a follow-up fader box with 8 or 16 motorized faders. 

And I always wonder how many people actually use controllers with DAWs...I can see it with Ableton Live, because it's so oriented toward real-time operation. But in the pre-covid days when I did a lot of workshops and seminars, I'd often ask the audience how many people used a controller, and how many used a mouse. Mouse jockeys vastly outnumbered the controller users. 

AFAIC, the answer to all this is one MIDI 2.0 hardware controller that looks and feels like a mixer, and can load profiles to accommodate different DAWs, soft synths, lighting, etc. That might be a way off, though.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I hadn't heard of this unit until a couple of days ago and I'm now very interested in it, but can't find too much info online. 

While I understand your comments @Anderton, I think all of the same things could be said about the Softube Console 1, and they seem to have found a market? This unit looks great for Cubase users imho because it's similar in concept but uses the Cubase stock channel strip rather than having to add a plugin to every track. 

Interested to hear any feedback from users who have one. TIA.