Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free IK Multimedia Comprexxor

If you get emails from IK Multimedia, you may have just gotten one that asks you to fill out a short survey in exchange for a free copy of Comprexxor. 

I just filled out the survey. I plan on doing some updating tomorrow, I'll include TRackS and see how Comprexxor works. 

I get a feeling it hasn't sold well yet but it might sound pretty cool. I'm trying to keep my plugins under control so if it sounds better than another compressor plugin I'll toss that one instead. Anybody have it? Is it good? It's hard to imagine that it's not pretty nice, I'm looking forward to it and the price was right. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, KuruPrionz said:

If you get emails from IK Multimedia, you may have just gotten one that asks you to fill out a short survey in exchange for a free copy of Comprexxor. 

I just filled out the survey. I plan on doing some updating tomorrow, I'll include TRackS and see how Comprexxor works. 

I get a feeling it hasn't sold well yet but it might sound pretty cool. I'm trying to keep my plugins under control so if it sounds better than another compressor plugin I'll toss that one instead. Anybody have it? Is it good? It's hard to imagine that it's not pretty nice, I'm looking forward to it and the price was right. 

I use IK Multimedia B3-X and installed Mondo Drums, Bass and Amplitube 5 CS versions by interest.

The latter because of the "Nutron III" plugin, which sounds really good.

I expect when I want Comprexxor, I´d have to install TRacks 5 CS in addition.

Well,- I find it a bit cumbersome loading the complete "Custom Shop" shell in a host´s track instead a given plugin only.

It costs CPU cycles and I don´t buy more plugins from inside my host anyway,- so IKM´s strategy appears to be a bit annoying to me.

Anyway,- I might try it nonetheless.

☺️

A.C.

3 hours ago, Al Coda said:

I use IK Multimedia B3-X and installed Mondo Drums, Bass and Amplitube 5 CS versions by interest.

The latter because of the "Nutron III" plugin, which sounds really good.

I expect when I want Comprexxor, I´d have to install TRacks 5 CS in addition.

Well,- I find it a bit cumbersome loading the complete "Custom Shop" shell in a host´s track instead a given plugin only.

It costs CPU cycles and I don´t buy more plugins from inside my host anyway,- so IKM´s strategy appears to be a bit annoying to me.

Anyway,- I might try it nonetheless.

☺️

A.C.

I have TrackS and never use it. I do use the Stealth Limiter, the Leslie and the CSR Hall Reverb fairly often. Comprexxor should be like other TrackS plugins, they work fine as stand alones.

I'm with you on not having to use a host plugin when possible and as far as I know, it is possible with Comprexxor. 

Some SampleTank plugins work standalone and some don't, Syntronix 2 and Miroslav Philharmonik can both be used standalone. 

I have Amplitube, too cluttered with plugins I haven't bought and never will, I prefer a couple of Plugin Alliance amps - the Chandler and the Fuchs. Those are stand alone. 

There are a couple of things I like in Native Instruments Kontakt Player but none of them are stand-alone either. 

I'm with you though, stand alone is better than having to load a host that does nothing except clutter up the place. 

1 hour ago, Bill Heins said:

I have TrackS 5 and all the parts load as individual plugins...no shell or whatever. If you run TrackS standalone then everything is available in the standalone as modules.

Bill

Yep. I'm a fan of using as few plugins per track as possible. Zero is the best if if works. I try to avoid using more than 2 plugins on any track.

I've never had the need to load TrackS and use multiple processors in it. 

That said, I do use parallel processing for tracks and automate the tracks which provides a smooth shifting from one sound to another while still keeping things fairly simple. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.