Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Three reasons why you should use your lens hood

I use my lens hood when appropriate but as my interest is primarly portratiure it's part of the palette, knowing when the lens hoo might interfere by my vision of a little bit more stray light changing the final appearance of the image.

The one thing I am glad for starting on film is the discipline of having 36 shots and you really want each one to be special. I've had and have my shortcomings and I LOVE digital because now I don't have to worry about that in the slightest. I'll never want to take more exposures than the batteries and SD cards will allow, that's not how I work either. 

You have your visions, I've seen them. You know what I'm talking about. 😁

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

11 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

I use my lens hood when appropriate but as my interest is primarly portratiure it's part of the palette, knowing when the lens hoo might interfere by my vision of a little bit more stray light changing the final appearance of the image.

The one thing I am glad for starting on film is the discipline of having 36 shots and you really want each one to be special. I've had and have my shortcomings and I LOVE digital because now I don't have to worry about that in the slightest. I'll never want to take more exposures than the batteries and SD cards will allow, that's not how I work either. 

You have your visions, I've seen them. You know what I'm talking about. 😁

Definitely. Well, with night photography, you would have maybe 20-25 setups typically per night, so you have to be selective. And photographing with a tripod is automatically a more deliberate sort of experience anyway. But the point being that you would not be rattling off a ton of photos the way you might with sports photography, where it's not unusual to get 1500-2000 images in one outing.

My SD cards, if I don't reformat them, could probably last for a year.

• Like 1