Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Survey: What's gas going for in your area?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NYC Drew:

Today I saw 87 octane going for $2.119 cents/gal

What are you paying?

We are about 1.999 here in Bismarck, but .10 cheaper in Fargo. Last week I drove to Springfield, MO and back. The highest I paid was 1.999 in good old Bismarck, and we have a gas refinery. Isn't that interesting.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

In Poughkeeosie (80 miles north of NYC), I just got 87 for 2.129, in Westchester (Pound Ridge area), I went to get 87 , and noticed the price was 2.309...if I wasn't empty, wouldn't have spent that 5 dollars so frivalously...

Originally posted by Ge-orge:

In Poughkeeosie (80 miles north of NYC), I just got 87 for 2.129, in Westchester (Pound Ridge area), I went to get 87 , and noticed the price was 2.309...if I wasn't empty, wouldn't have spent that 5 dollars so frivalously...

Ge-orge,

I was up in P'kpsee on Monday, as well as Hopewell Junction, Beekman & Poughqag...

Originally posted by Dennyf:

Just filled the Aerostar today at Sam's Club for $1.72, fer reg'lar.

Oh my God, the family mini van. What has life come to? :cry:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Ge-orge:

Drew, I have lived in all of those areas!! What brings you up to these parts?

House hunting. Taxes down here are inching over $11k/yr. I remember the days when I made a tad more than that per year. I'm in Tarrytown & Yonkers now...

Nice area, your taxes will be about half of what you have now or less...Lot of crap for sale, overpriced with the market the way it is right now...I was looking for a new house recently, gave up, my house is nicer than most and I got a great deal on it three years ago. If you need any insight on this area (schools, shopping, people, etc..) feel free to contact me, I have lived in this area for a long time....long time...

about $1.96-$2.00 a gallon for 87 octane....It will never be cheaper again...Those days are gone...Peak oil baby!!! I am now putting 30 bucks in my tank every 2 or 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your gas is cheap!

Over here it's 10.40 SEK per litre = 5.25 US dollars per gallon. (including sales tax)

It has never been this expensive before.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Well, I can't beat Mats, but the station down the street from me was at $2.39 about 2-3 weeks ago. It's dropped a little since then (I think it's like $2.31 now).

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Where I live, about 20 miles south of San Francisco it's going for $2.26. I'm not working so am walking and riding my bike most of the time. I haven't filled up in about a month so I about choked when it cost me $35 to fill up the 4Runner.

Old fart roll call

What's the least you ever paid for gas. When and where?

24.9 cents 1969 Maryland outside of DC. I can't be sure, but I think at the time it was going for 19.9 on the other side of DC in Virginia.

Since no one has taken the obvious answer yet, I'll do it:

Too friggin' much! :mad:

As far as the lowest I remember gas selling for, it would be in the 20's range. That's cents. Then again, you could easily buy a nice house for in the 20's then too... that's thousands.

Originally posted by Mats Olsson.:

Your gas is cheap!

Over here it's 10.40 SEK per litre = 5.25 US dollars per gallon. (including sales tax)

It has never been this expensive before.

Yea but I have really no public transportation to speak of here so we are forced to drive everywhere...It sucks badly...Plus, we all live WAY above our means in the US.

Kirkcudbright, South West Scotland

£0.87 per litre

Terrible public transport, not an option for my work.

I'll let someone else do the maths as I got it horribly wrong last time!

It's the highest it's ever been here too.

So you're all paying approx. $1.75 - 80 per US gallon, which is approx 3.8 litres.

Over here we pay approx. 80p per litre, so about £2.40 per gallon.

Which is (according to dollars2pounds.com) $4.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er, could one of you find a way to post me some petrol??? Please????

The reputation you all have over here is that you all drive huge, upteen litre engined cars because the fuel is so cheap!!! Didn't realise it was quite THAT cheap!!!!!!! Wow :eek:

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I dunno, I guess that Gas would go for here what he goes for back home in NC. You know, playing piano, barbeque, Steely Dan...

What? You weren't talking about our pal Gas?

Oh! Gasoline! I get it.

Yeah, too damned much. Last I checked, $1.879

It's probably more than that now.

Mrrr.

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

$1.79 - $1.83 for 87 octane in Middle Tennessee and Southwestern Kentucky.

I remember when 75 cents was a lot to pay for gas. My favorite, though, was when gas was hovering around $1.10 in the Chicago area. Montgomery Ward's had a gas station and service center, both which were shut down several years before the company went under. In order to empty the tanks the last day of service they put regular to 39 cents/gallon and unleaded to 49 cents/gallon. The gas was gone in 2 hours. Would've been faster had they been able to move cars in and out faster. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived