Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can you professionally edit 100 photos in five minutes?

Can you professionally edit 100 photos in five minutes?

I have to say that this one really blew my mind. What a time-saver! And it's actually editing, not presets. Works with Lightroom Classic. And the first 1000 photo edits are free (1500 if you use the link in the article).

"Imagen sounded too good to be true. Could I edit 100 photos in five minutes? With professional results? After doing event photography, I needed to edit 100 photos for my client quickly and professionally. Here’s a real-world example of how Imagen (formerly Imagen AI) worked."

AAA0855_kenlee_ECF-gala_220615_1855_%C2%

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff, Sir Ken!

I've had a couple of model shoots recently and finally got to play a bit more with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, which has added AI features to their workflow. 

I've used Elements Batch Process tool for many years, primarily to re-size images of items I wanted to sell. I also used Auto-Levels, could run a folder full of images through in a few minutes and start posting online. That was with older versions - Elements 2014 and 2018. Obviously, the items I'm selling are not as photo-critical as images of humans and the presets worked well for my purpose, which was primarily just to save time. 

The surprise recently was that Elements 2021 offers an AI driven option to select "Subject". All I had to do go to Select and "Subject" and let it run. I tried that on a fair-skinned redheaded model wearing a pale colored outfit and it saved a LOT of time by selecting almost everything perfectly and only selecting a very few small areas that were not the model.

Compared to all the other ways to select something, this was a huge improvement, both in quality of first selection and time saved. Total win!

I still had to go in and modify the selection a bit in a couple of spots but it didn't take long and the results were very good. Of course, the edges of human hair can and will be problematic but overall it turned out great if you never saw the orginal image. 

I wanted to make an image with a "ghost" and that meant dropping the photo of the model onto a photo of the chair she was sitting in (without the model in the chair) and adjusting the opacity, so I needed a good selection of the "Subject" with complex parameters. 

It looked good and went quickly. We've since reshot that particular set with a bit of pose correction and improvements in perspective (different shooting position to take advantage of aspects we hadn't considered). I have better images to work from and will go at it again. When I get a good one I'll post it here. 

AI is going to change the way we process photos by performing mundane and time consuming tasks quickly and making it possible to get more done in less time. I love it!!!!

Edit, the Subject Selection command chose very well again. I had to add the shoes back in and touch up a couple of places but no complaints. 

I'm fully prepared to believe in AI as a means of saving valuable time!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Interesting. Every time someone speaks about Photoshop Elements, it sounds better and better to me. It sounds like a great program.

And agreed, AI will change the way we process photos. Topaz Labs Denoise AI is almost like magic. Wrote two articles about that here and here.

Header-1-new-with-no-words-Photofocus-To

Here is the "Ghost" image. We had an idea for the model to be both a peeping tom and the victim.

I used the "Subject" (correct terminology) selection tool and deleted the rest of that image. Then I adjusted the opacity of the subject so they would be somewhat transparent. Fun!!

Caitlin_Peeper_Ghost.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.