Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Song For You, Leon Russell 1970

"A Song for You" is a song written and originally recorded by rock singer and pianist Leon Russell for his first solo album Leon Russell, which was released in 1970 on Shelter Records. A slow, pained plea for forgiveness and understanding from an estranged lover, the tune is one of Russell's best-known compositions.

This song is dedicated to all Dads, past and present!
Happy Father's Day to all loving and understanding fathers of our world!!!
Peace and love!!!

https://youtu.be/uTvDcEhB2jY

Last October, while driving east on I-40, I crossed the Texas border into western Oklahoma.  No long thereafter, I stopped at a Pilot Travel Center for fuel and coffee.  I stopped in my tracks after entering the Pilot building because there was an old Leon Russell song on their PA.  The tune was Tight Rope - hadn't heard it in decades. I just stood there mesmerized by the lyrics and quirky rhythm. Then it hit me.....   LEON RUSSELL IS FROM OKLAHOMA! 

Filled with new energy and excitement, I created a Leon Russell playlist when I returned to my truck.  Leon and coffee kept me going into Arkansas.  Driving east, I thought about my first band audition in 1976.  The band leader handed me a lead sheet for This Masquerade and that was my audition.  Got the gig. Loved playing that tune.

Leon Russell - such a unique talent.

• Like 1

Steve Coscia

12 hours ago, SteveCoscia said:

Last October, while driving east on I-40, I crossed the Texas border into western Oklahoma.  No long thereafter, I stopped at a Pilot Travel Center for fuel and coffee.  I stopped in my tracks after entering the Pilot building because there was an old Leon Russell song on their PA.  The tune was Tight Rope - hadn't heard it in decades. I just stood there mesmerized by the lyrics and quirky rhythm. Then it hit me.....   LEON RUSSELL IS FROM OKLAHOMA! 

Hi Steve,

Leon Russel is a true legend, a genius!!!

Your story is a beautiful example of Leon Russel's impact on our lives and our society.

His music truly inspire and uplift people!!!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Respectfully,

Rene