Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

52143491901_ef3a3cdb7d_b.jpg

My Blue Blue Home of Pennsylvania
~~~~~
Do you love exploring old mining towns? They exist all over the country. This is an abandoned mining house built about 100 years ago. My friends Mike, Tim and I photographed two consecutive nights at Yellow Dog ghost town in Pennsylvania, two blocks of abandoned miner's homes located among green farmland, forests, and rolling green hills, built between 1912-1925. A family owns it now, painstakingly restoring the homes, and lives there with several residents. We are especially grateful to the owners for granting special permission to photograph on the property at night, particularly advisable since many in the area are armed and keep a watchful eye on the historic region.
~~~~~
Night photo with handheld light added while the tripod-mounted camera shutter was open during this long exposure image.  To illuminate the interior, I ran around all corners of the house in the dark, upstairs and downstairs, sweeping each room with blue light with a handheld ProtoMachines light. Then I ran outside and illuminated the exterior! Lots of exercise while lighting this one, haha!
~~~~~
www.kenleephotography.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic