Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Eleven Shadows website, rising from the ashes!

A few of you know that I had a rough couple of weeks a short while ago. I had eye surgery for a detached retina (face down 24/7 for eight days straight! Wheee!), copyright infringement, Facebook account permanently disabled along with no further access to my photography and music pages, and a domain name stolen. I wrote about a lot of this here.

This all occurred in a two-week span.

But I've managed to rise above it. And the last step of the puzzle was resurrecting the Eleven Shadows website. I still don't have my domain name, so I got "net" instead of "com". And I took this time to have the site redesigned.

I kid you not, the old legacy site was created in 1995 and is one of the older websites on the internet. It still exists in what we refer to as the "legacy garden". The legacy garden is now primarily old photos, a virtual photo album. This includes photos from SSS get-togethers and NAMM shows and dinners and Philphest. And it has my Dad's book "A Pawn of Fate" and some photos to augment that book with some really really crude HTML. Well, the whole legacy garden is kinda crude. 

I hired someone from Web Biz Strategies to help me out, and he made a great website. So I thought I would show you all, but also sort of tell the story about it.

The Eleven Shadows website was originally intended to be for my music. However, it became generally my personal site, so it has some photography and travel stuff on there as well. Who knows what the future might bring? Maybe some other stuff. It already has some videos, and it has new updates several times a week, and sometimes every day. Anyway, here it is!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's challenging. I do have it taking RSS feeds so that I don't have to post things that I would anyway. But I want to do more with it as well, such as featuring some travel stuff and things like that.

Hopefully you can get one going. I had to have someone help me because it would have taken too long and probably not looked as nice or as complete.

28 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

That's challenging. I do have it taking RSS feeds so that I don't have to post things that I would anyway. But I want to do more with it as well, such as featuring some travel stuff and things like that.

Hopefully you can get one going. I had to have someone help me because it would have taken too long and probably not looked as nice or as complete.

I did graphic design for a few yaars as part of my job. I'm pretty OK at that part and I'm certain I can figure out the rest. More a matter of focus and finding the time, I always seem to be up to something else. 😇

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

1 hour ago, KuruPrionz said:

I did graphic design for a few yaars as part of my job. I'm pretty OK at that part and I'm certain I can figure out the rest. More a matter of focus and finding the time, I always seem to be up to something else. 😇

Oh cool, so you have a real talent for that then.

I suppose you will need to block out some time. That's what I do with night photography and other stuff. Otherwise, it doesn't happen. Or it goes really slowwwwwwly.

7 hours ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Oh cool, so you have a real talent for that then.

I suppose you will need to block out some time. That's what I do with night photography and other stuff. Otherwise, it doesn't happen. Or it goes really slowwwwwwly.

Blocking out time sounds like a good idea!!! I was in colllege getting an AS in Photography when the department got a dozen Macs and Photoshop 1.07. I spent hours in there, probably months. 

That was early 90's, I've used Photoshop off and on since then. I find the Elements versions are satisfactory for almost anything one might want to do and you can still purchase that outright. 

13 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Blocking out time sounds like a good idea!!! I was in colllege getting an AS in Photography when the department got a dozen Macs and Photoshop 1.07. I spent hours in there, probably months. 

That was early 90's, I've used Photoshop off and on since then. I find the Elements versions are satisfactory for almost anything one might want to do and you can still purchase that outright. 

Blocking out time works well for me (putting it on the calendar so I get reminders), as does making lists.

Elements is quite a good program, from what I here, and suitable for most photographers. I do pay for the subscription to Lightroom and Photoshop even though I don't like subscriptions. I felt like I wanted to respect the workflow I had established and keep going. But that's going to be the only subscription that I do.

28 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Blocking out time works well for me (putting it on the calendar so I get reminders), as does making lists.

Elements is quite a good program, from what I here, and suitable for most photographers. I do pay for the subscription to Lightroom and Photoshop even though I don't like subscriptions. I felt like I wanted to respect the workflow I had established and keep going. But that's going to be the only subscription that I do.

Most of the time I process photos of items I am finding new homes for, Elements has simple automation routines like re-size and auto levels, save back in the folder, done. 

It saves so much time to hit the Go button and let it churn away on it's own. And most of the time that's all I need. 

Recently adding the 6d, I found looking through it and also at the images that it was inspiring to me, compared to the T2i I had before. 

I can actually see to focus manually now and live view with zoom will get pin-point focusing accuracy. 

That said, I spent years learning versions of Photoshop that were primitive by comparison to 2021 Elements. I think it was version 5 where they introduced layers, that was when the game changed forever. Elements can do all sorts of amazing stuff.

One of my night photography friends was using Elements for a very long time. I think he still might use it, actually. I am enjoying the LR/PS combination, so I'll keep using that for now. I do use plugins such as Luminar, Nik Collection, and Topaz Denoise AI.