Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Eleven Shadows (solo) album of trippy ambient music!

This is a music video for the first song from my first new album in like 150 years, "The Seahorse in the Center of Your Mind". For those who don't know, I create ambient, atmospheric mind-warping music as Eleven Shadows. I feel like the music I make is the sonic counterpart to my night photos.

I created the video as well from a variety of sources, including some macro photography videos.

Oh, and of course, being a keyboardist, I had to list the keyboards I used! That's in the caption of the video.

Album is here.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Cool! An unexpected pleasant surprise was having those guitars coming in! Nice!

Everything is mostly guitars. The intro is one guitar, there are 2 acoustic guitars and a couple of electric guitars. All the choir and other weird noises are a guitar with a Fishman MIDI pickup on it. 

The rest is Korg Wavedrum played by me (I looped the main beat), a bass guitar and that's it. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

10 hours ago, Anderton said:

The link doesn't go the album, it just re-directs back to the forum...I'm particularly interested in seeing the rest of the videos. What did you use to generate the effects?

I don't know how that happened. I'm pretty sure I did that link correctly. Anyway, I fixed it. https://elevenshadows.bandcamp.com/releases

That's the first and only video I've made. The video is a ton of layering of my own macro videos, approximating "light leaks" and flares by shining lights into my camera, and copyright-free stuff from archive.org and YouTube. I then edit and layer them in Davinci Resolve 17. 

Below is the unadulterated macro video, also with the same Eleven Shadows song "Marismas Oscuras". 

Because you asked about the video, I have two articles that describe how I do macro photography and create the album covers and all that.

This is an overview:

Creating an album cover and video for my ambient album

https://photofocus.com/photography/creating-an-album-cover-and-video-for-my-ambient-album/

This describes a bit more about how I did the macro photography. Even though in this particular article, I wasn't creating the video, the process is the same.

Living large by photographing small: Easy stay-at-home macro photography ideas

https://photofocus.com/inspiration/living-large-by-photographing-small-easy-stay-at-home-macro-photography-ideas/

I also should mention that for the macro video that I created for the Eleven Shadows video (previous post), I found that my LED light panel and other lights were not charged. I grabbed a couple of iPhones instead. You really can use any decent light source if you set it up well.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:56 PM, KuruPrionz said:

Everything is mostly guitars. The intro is one guitar, there are 2 acoustic guitars and a couple of electric guitars. All the choir and other weird noises are a guitar with a Fishman MIDI pickup on it. 

The rest is Korg Wavedrum played by me (I looped the main beat), a bass guitar and that's it. 

Oh, I didn't realize it's mostly guitars....or at least, not at first. It morphs into that. Cool!! I need to listen to that again.

By the way, here's another macro article I wrote for Photofocus, although this doesn't involve moving bubbles. But there's a lot of ways you can create interesting visual images.

Macro photography at home: Creating otherworldly scenes with hand sanitizer

But if you're limited on time, look at the other two first since those describe how I'm creating macro images for the album cover and the video.

spacer.png

Album cover for "Seahorse in the Center of Your Mind" by Eleven Shadows.

The full Eleven Shadows album "The Seahorse in the Center of Your Mind" is now available for downloading and listening on Bandcamp! Whew! I managed to get everything else done in time! :D I've been getting a lot of really positive feedback from my musician friends here at home, so I'm hoping that everyone finds it beautiful as well!

On 6/16/2022 at 5:53 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I finally got a chance to listen. Nice work!!!

Notes ♫

Cool, thanks, glad you like it! The whole album has been released, and a lot of people seem to be enjoying it. Thanks!