Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

used Hammond XK-1c: Keys work, just not at same time.

Bought a used XK-1c today. Tested keys while there and they're all working when playing chromatic scale. But got it home and several of the keys don't work while simultaneously playing the 2nd F from the top.

It behaves the same when XK-1c controls B-3X and Keyscape. But when I midi into XK-1c (w/ Arturia Keylab mkii) everything works fine. So I figure it's a mechanical issue. 

Any ideas about what could be wrong? It was a little dusty, think it's dirty contacts? 

Video demonstration attached. 

Seller got a Mojo Crumar and XK-1c sat unused a good while. It's an uneducated guess, but maybe this keyboard needs a recapping. I'll try to contact Hammond tech support tomorrow. 

Really digging this keyboard otherwise! 

Keys probably have a diode matrix that encodes them to be scanned. Keys interfering with other keys could possibly be a bad diode, or something conductive laying across 2 traces.

Give everything under the keys a good cleaning. Might try cleaning everything but the contact strips first - easier to get to.

• Like 2

Moe

---