Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMMbulating from a time before the pandemic (2020)

I chose not to go to NAMM 2022 in Anaheim, going on right now, although I really wanted to go. I decided that there were too many uncertainties in staying safe, including an increase in the amount of people being hospitalized, NAMMthrax (the already-existing propensity to catch a flu or cold already), and that it would be 50% of the size but still packed together.

Anyway, in light of this, I thought I would post some photos of NAMM just before COVID-19 reeeeeeally hit on our shores. When we were at the NAMM dinner, we were already discussing how this could be the last NAMM for a while. Although this was late January, the writing was already on the wall, and there were about eight of us who were thinking that Winter NAMM 2021 would not be in person (and so it was).

This was just under 2 1/2 years ago, but it feels much longer than that.

NAMMbulating from a time before the pandemic - Eleven Shadows website

spacer.png

Gus, Enrique, Patricio, and me by the Hammond booth at NAMM. This photo was taken on his birthday by Brian Kassan.

I’ve known Gus for about 20 years through Craig Anderton’s SSS forum and Music Player and FB. Gus has a great new album of passionate and romantic songs where he plays the instruments and records everything. His vocals sound phenomenal.

https:// guslozada.jimdofree.com/ acerca-de/ 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I went, didn't get anything, but except for when I was eating, I was masked when I was indoors and in public spaces with others. I am very happy that I didn't get anything. My plan since this whole thing started was to be masked a lot at events like NAMM, because I often get sick at things like that. So even if the pandemic was over and COVID was gone, I was probably going to be masking much of the time.

dB didn't mask and didn't get sick.

Mike Martin has a good picture that Christian Cullen took of us with Mike's camera. Maybe he'll see it and post it here. I can only get the version that's on FB.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

P.S. It was great to see you in 2020 and hopefully we can do it again sometime. I have NAMM 2023 and 2024 on the calendar but I have no idea if I will be going. I'd like to, but who knows.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

7 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

P.S. It was great to see you in 2020 and hopefully we can do it again sometime. I have NAMM 2023 and 2024 on the calendar but I have no idea if I will be going. I'd like to, but who knows.

Great seeing you, and yes, hopefully again in 2023 or whenever. I have no plans. In times past, I've made reservations far in advance, but I am not doing that again any time soon.

I would have definitely masked the whole time I was on the NAMM floor, or certainly around people, in either case.

I haven't heard any news about NAMM being a "super spreader", so I guess it went okay in that regard. 

• Like 1