Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interesting cheap “gaming” desk on Amazon

Interesting.  The blue one is quite a bit cheaper than the others on Amazon.  I like the black one the best.

My plan is to get a "standing desk" with a manual crank (because I won't be raising it up and down after the initial raising).   I need the crank on the side so it wouldn't interfere with the controller sliding out.   crank the desk up high enough to have my controller on a stand under it.  I'm tall so my problem with most desks is that they are too low, and the controller would be too low.

49 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Interesting.  The blue one is quite a bit cheaper than the others on Amazon.  I like the black one the best.

My plan is to get a "standing desk" with a manual crank (because I won't be raising it up and down after the initial raising).   I need the crank on the side so it wouldn't interfere with the controller sliding out.   crank the desk up high enough to have my controller on a stand under it.  I'm tall so my problem with most desks is that they are too low, and the controller would be too low.

I was lucky earlier this year keeping my office desk and getting the cheapie ($79) Plixio keyboard stand to slide under it (without casters).   

I can definitely see the appeal of adjusting a standing desk.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

11 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

A5DEBC0B-3EF2-4F4C-93CC-E89F15E95ACA.thumb.jpeg.0dff71b6ad292b0b6d56a36bde12b830.jpeg

I just love it because of its design. It's Form is inspiring.

That is great industrial design for form whether in this instance it equates to form over function I dont know but it's "lovely"

• Like 1

Hmmmm. coupla things.

-first, my amazon currently shows it a $230 bucks, not $158, so not exactly cheap:  https://www.amazon.com/OSP-Home-Furnishings-Battlestation-Gaming/dp/B07XCY8ZBZ/ref=asc_df_B07XCY8ZBZ/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=416654443147&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13496293810221848677&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003562&hvtargid=pla-914982589368&ref=&adgrpid=94717461500&th=1

-second, how much weight you think that thing holds? not much before it collapses is my guess.  i can't imagine my yamaha k88 boat anchor not killing that thing

Down at the bottom, there are questions and answers.  Here’s one:

Question:

Dimensions between the 2 shelf’s? i’ll like to put a mid controller/piano in the bottom one but idk if my hands will have enough room to play it. 

Answer:

It won’t work. The height is too low for full access. 
By K. Meas on May 8, 2021

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radagast said:

Down at the bottom, there are questions and answers.  Here’s one:

Question:

Dimensions between the 2 shelf’s? i’ll like to put a mid controller/piano in the bottom one but idk if my hands will have enough room to play it. 

Answer:

It won’t work. The height is too low for full access. 
By K. Meas on May 8, 2021

Ya I can see now since it’s not a slider  the height is no go for your hands.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560