Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Linda R got a standing O / eyewitness account

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Jul-20-Tue-2004/news/24348468.html

{{{Some concertgoers took issue with the Aladdin's accounts of angry patrons tearing down posters and throwing drink cups.

"I was so stunned to read in the newspaper that anyone had a negative reaction," said KLAS-TV, Channel 8, news anchor Paula Francis. "Everyone who was leaving when I was leaving was just thrilled. They thought it was a good concert."

"I was so stunned to read in the newspaper that anyone had a negative reaction," said KLAS-TV, Channel 8, news anchor Paula Francis. "Everyone who was leaving when I was leaving was just thrilled. They thought it was a good concert."

At the end of an hour's worth of singing, "she got a standing ovation, then she came out and did the (`Desperado') encore," Francis said. "There were loud boos and there was quite a bit of applause. But everyone calmed down right away and seemed to enjoy the rest of the encore."

Other concertgoers said the audience was unruly and hard-drinking from the beginning. Some expected a classic rock hits revue and were confused by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performance of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" that opened the show.

During the concert, Ronstadt criticized the hotel's marketing, disputing signage that promised a greatest hits revue. (Print ads said, "Linda Ronstadt and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra plus her band, performing her `greatest rock hits' and the great American standards.}}}

Just more lies from the corporate news network CNN.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AKA:

Just more lies from the corporate news network CNN.

Just more blanket statements from someone who wasn't there.

Both this report and CNN's are hearsay in respect to you. Why would you accept one and not the other?

Hey, here's an idea. How about taking both sides of the story (there are usually at least two, you know) and postulating an opinion about what really happened? Here's my guess.

LR grants an interview where she says that maybe if she is annoying enough, the Aladdin will refrain from asking her back.

The Aladdin puts up posters implying a retrospective concert. Now was that miscommunication on the part of the Aladdin or LR's mgmt? Who knows? Not me, and certainly not you.

SOME people booed and walked out. That is not disputed in either account. Many stayed. That is also not disputed.

Many of the people who booed were drunk. Would it be such a stretch to assume that when they left, they may have tossed their drinks or torn down posters?

Again, I'll ask you. Why is CNN definitely the liar here? To me, it looks like two sides of the same coin.

I'm no fan of CNN, but I'm less a fan of blanket, uninformed statements.

"For instance" is not proof.

{{{Why would you accept one and not the other?}}}

Because,the CNN report is not an eyewitness account of what happened that night.

In turn, a local Las Vegas TV anchor was in the audience (no less) to give an eyewitness account of what REALLY happened that night.

Quote:

At the end of an hour's worth of singing, "she got a standing ovation, then she came out and did the (`Desperado') encore," Francis said. "There were loud boos and there was quite a bit of applause. But everyone calmed down right away and seemed to enjoy the rest of the encore."

Archived