Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why We All Shoot With It - The Pentax K1 (Nightaxians YouTube Podcast)

This is a fun informative episode, whether a Pentaxian or not. We delve into why we use this incredible and surprisingly affordable camera.

Why We All Shoot With It - The Pentax K1
https://youtu.be/qigGXEcf7hE

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a K-1 but the budget isn't there. As I posted here a while ago, I picked up a Canon 6d for under $500.

I already have some Canon lenses and some adapters. Some vintage glass has a good look for art photography. 

I went ahead and modified 3 old manual focus Pentax lenses - a 135 2.5, a 50 1.4 and a 28 2.8. They each have their own look and I have adapters for all 3 of them. 

I also got a Nikon to Canon adapter for a Tamron 135 2.8 and an M-42 adapter for a Vivitar 200 3.5.

I don't do the superwide thing. I let others have that fun. 

Because the Canon EOS system has a larger opening for the lens mount and a shorter distance from the lens flange to the sensor than most other brands, there are many manual focus lenses that can be easily adapted. Olympus, Contax SLR mount and Leica R included. 

The image quality is much better than the 5d or 5d Mk II that I used to have and it kicks my humble T2i to the curb as well. 

So I'll have fun with it. Maybe someday a Pentax...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, KuruPrionz said:

I want a K-1 but the budget isn't there. As I posted here a while ago, I picked up a Canon 6d for under $500.

I already have some Canon lenses and some adapters. Some vintage glass has a good look for art photography. 

I went ahead and modified 3 old manual focus Pentax lenses - a 135 2.5, a 50 1.4 and a 28 2.8. They each have their own look and I have adapters for all 3 of them. 

I also got a Nikon to Canon adapter for a Tamron 135 2.8 and an M-42 adapter for a Vivitar 200 3.5.

I don't do the superwide thing. I let others have that fun. 

Because the Canon EOS system has a larger opening for the lens mount and a shorter distance from the lens flange to the sensor than most other brands, there are many manual focus lenses that can be easily adapted. Olympus, Contax SLR mount and Leica R included. 

The image quality is much better than the 5d or 5d Mk II that I used to have and it kicks my humble T2i to the curb as well. 

So I'll have fun with it. Maybe someday a Pentax...

Someday hopefully. It's an incredible camera.

As I mention in the video, I purchased the 15-30mm and Pentax K-1 used, each one for approximately $900. And I did this after it had been released for almost three years. Sometimes, you just have to save up for some things. I also purchased my Nikon D750 used. These darned things cost too much otherwise.

Canon has some great glass, so no worries there.