Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MODX8 not recording w/Cubebase Ver. 10

I have neither the MODX8 nor Cubase but my friend is having some problems getting sound into Cubase from the MODX. 

This is what he sent me, if anyone has a clue on this?! 

My buddy's blurb from his email:

"Watching a couple of videos, you have to do something on the keyboard along with setting up Cubase. I did everything the video said and still not working.  I see the sound getting into Cubase but I can’t get it to record. I’m using Cubase on a Yamaha MODX8. See if you can get someone on Facebook/Keyboard Forums to respond, otherwise you will have to stop by when you get a chance." 

Anyone have any idea ... ? 

LB

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

For starters, he definitely has installed the Yamaha USB audio/midi driver?   And in Cubase he has selected the MODX as his audio io? 

If this is true, then he has to create an audio track, set it to listen to the audio out of the MODX and record arm the track.  If all is good he’ll see levels on the meters and sound will get printed as time rolls.  

As a side note, it sounds like he may have created a midi track in Cubase. And the meter reading he is seeing is midi activity, not audio activity.  Possible? 

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

My buddy emailed me this morning.... he is sort of a novice with gear... he didn't have one of the record switches on on the tracks he told,,, he missed that!

Emergency over..... Thanks ElmerJFudd for the response..

• Like 1

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122