Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Improved external power supply for turntables

I’m expecting delivery today of the NEO advanced external power supply for my (essentially) Rega 3 turntable today.  

The Rega 3 requires this if you want to change from 33 to 45 without manually moving the belt to a different position on the flywheel…but that’s not why I got it.  I’m more interested in the lowered noise and the improved speed stability, especially during denser passages.  I expect to hear it reflected in the dynamics, mostly.

Anyone else have any experience with anything like this?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

WOW. :waitwhat: :noway:

Okay, I am way surprised at how much of a difference I hear.  There is certainly extended clarity to the top end, and the definition in the bass is pretty noticeable as well.  Much less subtle than I expected.

DAMN, I feel like such an audio geek. :hider:

dB

• Like 1

I missed the upgrade to the Rega (I was thinking that you were using a popular Canadian product). The 3 has a pretty elevated reputation for refinement. It's good to know that it can reveal the benefits of a power supply.

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, spokenward said:

I missed the upgrade to the Rega (I was thinking that you were using a popular Canadian product). 

I still have the Fluance as well.  I really grew to like having a turntable in my studio.

The other one I bought was made by a company called Audio Wood, who builds Rega components into nice looking pieces of wood.

512uLQZhMUL._AC_SL1100_.thumb.jpg.38cf4e3e9640bc48232d5f3609e684a5.jpg

dB

• Like 1