Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fried Chicken mix/tips - share yours!

Mine:

1.5 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon garlic powder (I use one that has some parsley mixed in)
1 tablespoon paprika

KILLER for air fryer chicken.  Soak the chicken in buttermilk and garlic for a few hours.  Shake it off, coat with this mix, lightly spray with olive oil and go for 13-15 min @350 degrees (longer for bigger pieces), then flip for another eight to ten min.  Give dark meat a few more minutes on each side.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Sounds good Dave, even though I typically don't "bread" things anymore. I'm curious about the buttermilk/garlic marinade. Is there some sort of chemical reaction with the buttermilk that allows the meat to absorb the garlic?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

12 hours ago, Threadslayer said:

I'm curious about the buttermilk/garlic marinade. Is there some sort of chemical reaction with the buttermilk that allows the meat to absorb the garlic?

No….but the garlic infuses the buttermilk, which is all over the chicken when I roll it in the breading…

I keep a big jar of minced garlic in the house.  I probably overuse it, :rocker:

dB

11 hours ago, David Bryce said:

I keep a big jar of minced garlic in the house.  I probably overuse it, :rocker:

dB

There's no such thing. I'm starting to sound like a Trader Joe's outside sales guy, but have you ever tried these? Sometimes only fresh garlic will do, but for everything else... Tastes great and lasts forever in the freezer. Way convenient.

image.png.a7e9993b2df2cb5a30e328d38b48f283.png

• Love 1

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Threadslayer said:

There's no such thing.

I'm starting to sound like a Trader Joe's outside sales guy, but have you ever tried these? Sometimes only fresh garlic will do, but for everything else... Tastes great and lasts forever in the freezer. Way convenient.

image.png.a7e9993b2df2cb5a30e328d38b48f283.png

We agree on the garlic.  What's the old line?  If a recipe calls for one clove, add two.  If it calls for none, add three.

I've never bought that TJ's product...but a friend of my wife hipped her to making sheets of it herself which we keep in bags the freezer.  Sometimes it's just gotta be fresh.

dB