Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MIDI controller with bi-directional levers.

Does anyone make a controller with bi-directional levers like were on the Rhodes Chroma and Oberheim Matrix 12? The levers on my Chroma were much more controllable and musical that wheels or joystick. The only option to get that much control is joystick, but the Roland sticks only go positive on the vertical axis. Korg sticks have never felt good to me.

This post edited for speling.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, RABid said:

Does anyone make a controller with bi-directional levers like were on the Rhodes Chroma and Oberheim Matrix 12? The levers on my Chroma were much more controllable and musical that wheels or joystick. The only option to get that much control is joystick, but the Roland sticks only go positive on the vertical axis. Korg sticks have never felt good to me.

Is a slider something you would consider is a bi-directional control?  I use the sliders on my keyboard to emulate the control of Clav D6 switches; on a clav the filter switches are down and up, so I mimic them with sliders, moving the slider up/down is equivalent to moving the switch up/down on a D6.  On a D6 to the right is the damper control, I also use a slider to mimic the damper control.  

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

https://dyinbreedband.wixsite.com/dyinbreedband/home

facebook.com/smokingunsrock

facebook.com/acoustaxx

I don't think it would work for me. I used a two finger approach to the control, moving both levers at the same time, but not the same amounts, and I need the back to zero spring.

This post edited for speling.