Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not What We Wanted to Hear, But It Could Be Worse


Recommended Posts

The "not what we wanted to hear" part: COVID Cases Are Up 139% Following Coachella Music Festival in Riverside, California. The "but it could be worse" part is that there's been only a tiny spike in hospitalizations.

 

So what does this mean? Is it because 72% of California's population is vaccinated, and 83% is fully vaccinated? That outdoor covid is safer because it's more diluted? That covid is becoming less dangerous?

 

My favorite theory is that music forms a protective shield around your body that minimizes serious illness. Hey, I can dream...can't I?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Anderton said:

My favorite theory is that music forms a protective shield around your body that minimizes serious illness. Hey, I can dream...can't I?

 

 That would be awesome ❤️

 

But NO, COVID IS NOT "getting less dangerous". WE are getting better protected with each booster shot and with massive vaccination.

COVID is still that little monster happily willing to enter in your body and kill you and spread his clones among all your loved ones.

 

Get vaccinated and do not act stupid. We will have to learn how to live with this bug like we do now with the regular flu.

 

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

 

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

 

www.guslozada.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gus Lozada said:

Get vaccinated and do not act stupid. 

 

I do think the high vaccination rate in California almost certainly made a big difference.

 

According to the story, most of the infections were Omicron, but it didn't say which variant. The scariest news is that South Africa, which has been serving as the canary in the coal mine for coronavirus, now has a major surge starting in the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron variants. Cases are up, hospitalizations are up, and those who had prior immunity from an infection more than 3 months ago but aren't vaccinated are susceptible to the new variants.

 

It seems that just when things start to get better, people figure it's over, throw caution to the winds, and the cycle starts all over again. I guess it just proves that viruses are smarter than humanoid bipeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anderton said:

It seems that just when things start to get better, people figure it's over, throw caution to the winds, and the cycle starts all over again. I guess it just proves that viruses are smarter than humanoid bipeds.

 

That's what I mean with "do not act stupid".
Get your vaccines, be cautious, use the mask in public places and welcome to 2022.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

 

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

 

www.guslozada.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Anderton said:

The "not what we wanted to hear" part: COVID Cases Are Up 139% Following Coachella Music Festival in Riverside, California. The "but it could be worse" part is that there's been only a tiny spike in hospitalizations.

 

So what does this mean? Is it because 72% of California's population is vaccinated, and 83% is fully vaccinated? That outdoor covid is safer because it's more diluted? That covid is becoming less dangerous?

 

My favorite theory is that music forms a protective shield around your body that minimizes serious illness. Hey, I can dream...can't I?

 

That seems right to me.  My first thought was that a bunch of young people of varying stages of vaccination get together, there will be an increased number of cases with few being serious.

 

Assuming that the prevailing demographic is under-50, then according to the CDC published data, that means that the risk of hospitalization or death would be extremely low (I did not say non-existent) with a seemingly insignificant difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, although the unvaccinated among that group would have around a 2x greater risk of getting infected.

 

I saw no data around the music shield theory, but in my non-scientific opinion, I would tend to agree that the positive music vibes work against COVID, much like they did against Vigo in Ghostbusters 2, which may be based on a true story. Or am I thinking about Elf where Christmas cheer and singing made Santa's sleigh fly.  If only there were a government agency to tell me what was true! 😄

 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

 

1561545311_COVIDDeathsbyAgeandVaccinationStatus.thumb.JPG.e6e0420052771fc4e22737fa71b792aa.JPG908344181_COVIDCasesbyAgeandVaccinationStatus.thumb.JPG.779ba178214bbe13d3fde1a5f8e47b89.JPG

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...