Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Best of MP Forums: Quotes

Alright. This is worth it, y'know it. If you've come across a funny quote by someone here, or a short discussion... post it here!

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Did not I. :mad:

Accuse me not or upside head with force you shall feel, hmmm?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright. This is worth it, y'know it. If you've come across a funny quote by someone here, or a short discussion..... post it here!
Hmm, can't think of anything off hand, but I'll sleep on it!

• 4 months later...

I have no idea why this didn't fly. I was just going to make a compilation of quotes by doing a little searching throughout and have it at my site, but I decided to ressurect this thread. Here are some to start with but they are not side-splitting hilarious....

but that's what I'm looking for! Trust me looking through 26 pages of "Next!" is hellacious and I only made it to 7!

Begin!

Tedster Nears 20k Posts

Santabach: "Tedster, I just don't even know what to say. It's kind of like meeting the Eric Clapton of the expert forums. If you shake my hand, I may never wash it again."

Miroslave: "We need to add up all the members and posts made to date (Tedster's no included) and find out what is the average

number of posts made in a year by normal people who have some semblance of a "life"... ...that "number" will be called a "Tedster Year"... ...and that would be his handicap score."

Phait's Photos

Duddits: "This afternoon I had a photoshoot for an article. If the pictures turn out really bad, I figured I'd simply download one of yours and say it's me."

Phait's Haircut

Ptuzer: "A Haircut won't help what ever your trying to fix! :D "

Ani's Birthday

Fantasticsound: "A really easy way to win at chess is to move a piece and yell, "Checkmate!", then knock the board over, destroying any evidence of your deceit."

Local Music Stores

Zeronyne: "It's not like my Google is better than your Google."

No Reason To Write Anymore?

Bunny: "Phait, every time your fingers hit the keyboard, you're writing. Now, turn it into music. Quick! Before you die! GO!"

Next!

Spencer Crewe: "Dammit! The coffee shop downsairs is closed for the day and I've got at least 2 hours before supper (or dinner, what-have-you). I'm gonna be canabalistic by then....."

Philip O'Keefe: "Wallabee Waffles WBAGNFAARB."

Tedster: "Suggestions are welcome. I'm still struggling with the layout and none of the buttons point to anything (kinda like my general existence)."

Phait, you should look up Wewus' "Mandatory Evacuation" thread...one of the funnier threads as of late.

And thanks for quoting me! It made my morning! :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

I'm honored to have been quoted so soon... Of course, now nobody's going to trust me! :freak:

I'll have to do an extensive search and get back to you on my favorite post-quotes.

Neil, of course we'll trust you. You're not running for office, are you? ;)
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Feck... I about wet myself on some of those! :D

I'll never forget the "assaphone" one, but I've... forgotten it, apparently.

How's this. I just saw it a minute ago...

WEWUS: "What's this thread bout? I don't have time to read the whole thing, or really any part of it."

Ricky

Click on some ads once in a while!! :) -------------->

Originally posted by arellspencer:

HOLY CRICKETS! she sucks and ablows like a beached pilot whale..

what the hail is wrong with her? does she even listen to her self?

I don't want to hear her tonsils. Maybe, uh, FEEL her tonsils on the end of my pencil, if you know what I mean. wink. wink..

Aerosmith

Tedster: "I love Aerosmith...

... But, I digress. Their stuff is great, IMO...it lasts. They're one of the great long-lasting bands of our time. Their tunes rock, they're melodic...and "Lovin' An Alligator" is a great tune."

Of course this thread wouldn't be able to exist without someone bringing up the hoover thread.

I'm still trying to find the first post i made. Not because my post was so great, but actually i remember the whole thread being great.

That and i wanted to figure out who gave me an accolade for my post. I think it was Bunny or Chip.

It's probably long gone from the Guitar Forum.

Since i'm a braindead old fart i'm going to plead a Tedster and say that i know there's tons of great quotes and advice but i can't think of any right now, or more importantly, who penned them.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Mandatory Evacuation

Ihategarybetterman: Spencer, no worries, I always have beer. I frequently don't have a clue, and I've lost my marbles often, but I always have beer.

NYC Drew: "Sorry to break up this hermit convention. I just brought hookers and coke. Or in layman speak, fishing rods and coca cola."

TheWewus: "oh sure a lot of them will say, "but we're better musicians than you are", Better hell, if I want any shit out of you I'll squeeze your head!"

TheWewus: "Who needs an alci free beer? If you really like beer...... That's like giving a pedophile, a midget in a cubscout suit."

Gator Wing: "I think you got some Bobbitt tube steak!"

Originally posted by Phait:

Alright. This is worth it, y'know it. If you've come across a funny quote by someone here, or a short discussion... post it here!

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Did not I. :mad:

Accuse me not or upside head with force you shall feel, hmmm?

Aah, my "YFNY" alter-ego. :) I'm honored to have been selected for quotation. :o

I suspect the problem has something to do with the fact that a lot of MP expert forum members are so busy composing their next eloquent/humorous posting (that they expect everyone else to read and reply to) that they don't have time to read anyone elses postings, let alone go through the archives to see if they can find some funny stuff..... ;)

:DTR

Originally posted by Phait:

Jardini.. didn't you have a different name before? .... Man people need to tell us about name switches! :confused:

Yup, I was and still am "Dave The Rave" or :DTR (still my sig). I changed my screen name to "Dave The Grave" for Halloween, then the freekin system wouldn't let me change it back to "Dave The Rave" again afterwards, so I went with my artiste name "Jardini"

I think it has to do with cookies and the fact that I changed my name on a different PC than I usually use - it could have been at work on one of mingi PC's, or at home on one of 2 or 3 PC's.....I guess I'll go hunt the machine that I did it on and try to reset my screen name sometime, but it's low on my priority list right now.

Later,

:DTR

This one just in from the esteemed Caevin O'Shite:

"Just curious... why would you let a keyboard player choose your guitar amp? Kinda like letting Larry, Curly, and Moe cut your hair. "

and No..I am NOT Tina Turner

everyone on the Guitar Forum knows that I am Erik Klapton :)

Lynn G

A recent one from Erik in my sig. The thread was about musicians being good dancers.

"Have ya paid your dues, Jack?""Yessir, the check is in the mail." - Jack Burton

"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne

"He danced like he was the bastard offspring of a chicken and a broken electrical cable." - CMDN

One of the most oft-quoted members of the Musicplayer forums resides on the Low Down. None other than the sage of the bass, Mr. Jeremy Cohen. I've seen quotes of his pop up on other lowdowners' sig lines amazingly often.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by phaeton:

...I'm still trying to find the first post i made. Not because my post was so great, but actually i remember the whole thread being great.

That and i wanted to figure out who gave me an accolade for my post. I think it was Bunny or Chip.

It's probably long gone from the Guitar Forum...

Your first Guitar Forum post, if I searched correctly (And this was not easy!), was:

Originally posted at 1:58pm, 11/21/2001:

I have a 1975 Peavey Pacer. Mind you, this amp isn't even *supposed* to sound good. Switchable distortion has the awfullest neo-70's early solid-state tone you'd ever hear. Kinda sounds like broken chunks of plexiglass and a dildo rattling around in a plastic jar. About its only saving grace is you can crank the left (preamp) volume, attenuate the right (postamp) volume and get a bit of a softer crunch- a real frothy-fizzy sort of rumble, if you can imagine that.

The real magic happens though, when you run an Ibanez TS-10 TubeScreamer (the older, square seasick green one with the potmetal case) full bore (all knobs up to 11) into this preamp distortion. The speaker gets kinda flatulent and it sounds like it's trying to fold inside out, but run it nearly wide open throttle (it's 45Watts RMS, you kinda have to to keep up with a set of drums) and it cleans up to become nearly a match to the tone you hear on the first Van Halen album. Palm Muting chugs like a locomotive, vibrato moans like it hurts, and feedback is thick and woody.

Oh, and that crappy distortion you can turn on/off? Turn it on with this tone, and it'll add just a light sizzle to the top, but you can play notes that will sustain for several minutes, and *THEN* start to feedback.

There is a short somewhere in the reverb circuit, and it is exacerbated by the vibrations of the chassis. Basically, the reverb turns itself on and off at will, and most of the time has a delay (about 200ms) between the playing the chord and the reverbed "wooosh"- almost a gated sound. It's just a silly, silly amp.

Which was followed by your apology for double posting, then this at 7:58pm:

Originally posted by RnR:

This post is pure post =modern poetry

{Neil edit. He quoted your entire post.}

Researching this was just possible, because you've only posted about 305 posts on the guitar forum. Even though the search function only goes back 300 posts, I was able to use your registration date to determine that the last listing on 12/2/2001 couldn't be too many threads from the site of your 1st post. From there I used the "previous" button to move backward until I'd seen all posts between that last listing and 11/21. Three years from now, the same procedure would take hours, given the magnitude more threads today vs. November of 2001.

I find this especially amusing as I'm the 2nd owner (my brother being the first owner) of a 1978 Peavey Pacer and can attest to the truth of your comment, Phaeton! :D

In my search for Phaeton's first post, I discovered this great quote from Khan, regarding his opinion of Jimmie Vaughn:

Originally posted by KHAN:

I've never cared for his playing too much. But then again it couldn't have been easy to be SRV's big bro.

It's kind of like if Jesus was your brother.

What would it be like when you came home for the Holidays.

When your brother comes home we always have wine :eek:

HEY MODERATORS AND DENDY! Is there an easy way to adjust the BB software to allow a range of dates (rather than the current, 1 day, 5 day, 10 day, 30 day, no date setup) to be included in the SEARCH function?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived