Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Twitter

Do you use Twitter for anything, whether photography, music, business, or anything else? Does Musk's (probable) acquisition make you re-think anything, such as whether to continue with the account? How do you feel his acquisition might affect what you do on there or how you might interact?

Night photo of UFO for no apparent reason. :D 

spacer.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Do you use Twitter for anything, whether photography, music, business, or anything else? Does Musk's (probable) acquisition make you re-think anything, such as whether to continue with the account? How do you feel his acquisition might affect what you do on there or how you might interact?

Night photo of UFO for no apparent reason. :D 

spacer.png

Lovely image!!!!

I'm not on any social medai although I am starting to ponder if I want to start something up. I've been on Facebook, allowed myself to get snarled up in nonsense. 

It will be 10 days or more before we know if Elon Musk owns Twitter or not, the shareholders could say no and he's frozen out at that point. 

It's hard to say what will happen but my guess is that Elon will get it and it will be a slow avalanche into the bowels of Hell. 

I think if you do social media you need to have several accounts on different platforms and cross-pollenate. So maybe Facebook, Twitter, Tik-Tok, YouTube would be a good starting point. I do have a YouTube account but I don't do anything with it so far. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have all of them, but don't do anything with TikTok and do very little with Twitter. The issue, of course, is that so much of it is time-consuming. 

If you have FB pages and do minimal stuff with a personal account, you can keep the stupidity, misinformation, and ugly political debates out of it. I mention FB because that's the only place where I seem to experience that regularly (or would if I didn't filter it out, at any rate).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so discouraged by Instagram - video only posts in my feed. So I've been posting more photos to Twitter. There is a great community there and photos look great when posted there too.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

FB, IG, etc. used to be fun and engaging. They're disappointing now.

I would like Twitter more if it were a little more engaging, but I don't know, I guess I need to try harder? No idea.