Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do you store and showcase your vinyl collection?

eric

I really like this new group and seems like we'll get some more traction and conversation as time goes on...I'll try to help by starting this topic.

For those of you that collect vinyl (likely most everyone), how do you store your collection from an organization and display standpoint? For me, I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time when a beloved local record store was downsizing and I was able to buy one of their large browsing shelves to put in my music room. It is large and probably from the '70s, so I had to do some repairs on it. I'm able to fit something like 600-700 albums on this shelf facing forward like in a record store. I have alphabetized dividers with band names for anything where I have 2-3+ from the same artist or just placed into the "ABC Artist" sections for one-offs.

I ran out of space and had to spill over to some other things in the room, mostly some tabletop album holders so I can keep things facing forward, with room for browsing.

I'll hop back in the thread and share a few photos later! How do you store your vinyl?

The shelves on the right-hand side are from an apparently defunct brand called Foremost, which I bought from Amazon about three years ago.  I'm really disappointed that this line isn't being made anymore, and I can't seem to find an alternative to these, other than a completely custom build.  Those shelves contain mostly 70s and 80s rock, pop, soul/R&B, and the like.  The two cabinets hold my jazz stuff, as well as my collection of 45 RPM singles, and the milk crate, which was free, holds my classical/soundtracks/various artists compilations.  That's how I store 'em...

20220123_171256.thumb.jpg.c08b9c52765c7139e040131c1b910a9f.jpg

...and this is how I spin 'em.

20220309_203200.thumb.jpg.9e7f2a91579cd028385f2aa8c746535c.jpg

• Like 2

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Nice Prophet!

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud