Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender 400 pro

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a nice bass amp. If you have or can find a speaker cabinet, keep it and get a bass. 

I've played both bass and guitar all my life. I always end up being the lead guitarist in bands but I've had more pickup gigs playing bass.

I did a stint with a band in Fresno, the lead singer was a good guitarist too and we had a hard time finding a bassist so I switched over. 

One day we got a phone call and we were booked as Bo Diddley's band for a show. I stood next to Bo playing bass, would not have gotten the gig otherwise. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

3 hours ago, surfergirl said:

It is nice, but way to heavy. I think it weighs more than my boyfriends Roland Cube 100 combo. 

That's legit, flip it!!!

I have to admit, the bassist in my band brought a Fender Rumble 100 to a gig a while back, he'd just bought it. 

He said "Check this amp out" and played a bit. I could not believe how huge and great that little box sounded. 

Then he said "Lift it". I was gobsmacked, it weighed 22 pounds or bass-ically, nothing. 

I've got a friend's Peavey Max bass amp sitting at my condo. After we heard and lifted JB's amp, we both want to sell it and get the Rumble.

Guitar Center will give you 15% off on anything you buy (if you push them a bit) when you do a trade-in. Maybe that's one way you could explore. 

Overall, I've had good luck selling on craigslist. I always put "local cash only, no shipping and I will not meet you elsewhere." in my craigslist ads, it gets rid of a lot of scammers and stupid people who want you to drive 100 miles round trip so they can "check it out". Come get it, it's here!!!! lol...

It looks like it might have been an initial result of the Gallien-Krueger buyout?

After that (similar to how they liquidated the SWR brand name and DNA a few years after buying them), they seem to have repurposed that development team towards the current Rumble series (quite different from the previous versions).

I own the Rumble 500 (15" model) and use it at rehearsals. I've thought of selling it, now that I have the new Mesa lightweight 15" cabinet (my Powerhouse 15 is a monster and hasn't gotten any responses yet on local CL). But it blends well and sounds great for solid state. I like it better than the 18" model as it has faster transients and is more articulate, and it has a bit more heft than the 12" model. The entire series is great value though.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

32 minutes ago, Mark Schmieder said:

It looks like it might have been an initial result of the Gallien-Krueger buyout?

After that (similar to how they liquidated the SWR brand name and DNA a few years after buying them), they seem to have repurposed that development team towards the current Rumble series (quite different from the previous versions).

I own the Rumble 500 (15" model) and use it at rehearsals. I've thought of selling it, now that I have the new Mesa lightweight 15" cabinet (my Powerhouse 15 is a monster and hasn't gotten any responses yet on local CL). But it blends well and sounds great for solid state. I like it better than the 18" model as it has faster transients and is more articulate, and it has a bit more heft than the 12" model. The entire series is great value though.

Don't forget Genz-Benz, Fender bought them before the latest version of the Rumbles came out. I had an earlier Rumble, it weighed a ton and sounded pretty OK. 

My friend's newer Rumble 100 ate it's lunch, was smaller and lighter. 

I don't have any bass amps now but I could be happy with a Rumble. Saw a Rumble 25 at the pawn shop but that's just too small for anything but home practice or an acoustic jam. 

Oh, I think I was confusing Genz-Benz with Gallien-Krueger, being that both are hyphenated and start with a "G". 🙂

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

12 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

Oh, I think I was confusing Genz-Benz with Gallien-Krueger, being that both are hyphenated and start with a "G". 🙂

A mistake, we all make them!!! On to the next!!! 😇