Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iOS Korg Module Pro - in App price drops

Ivory Mobile Grand: £28.99 £14.99
Wurley Electric Piano: £9.99 £4.99
Organ & Clav Collection: £19.99£9.99
TRITON Best Selection: £19.99 £9.99
Mellow Tape Keyboard: £9.99 £4.99
80's Electric Piano: £19.99 £9.99
Orchestral Dreams: £19.99 £9.99
Classic EP-88M: £19.99 £9.99
Module Performance Expansion:£28.99 £19.99

Scarbee EP and the Wurly are both excellent.

• Like 1

Does anyone uses the organ/clav expansion? The internal organ sounds are beh and I want to know if the expansion makes any difference

And yes, the Scarbee EP and Wurlie is excellent as always

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

2 hours ago, yannis D said:

Does anyone uses the organ/clav expansion? The internal organ sounds are beh and I want to know if the expansion makes any difference

I don't have it, but if you're talking about tonewheel organ sounds, I wouldn't hold out much hope. As I see it, in this kind of "rompler" environment, a new set of samples can't really give you "better" organ sounds, just "different" ones. The ways to improve it wouldn't really be different samples, it would be to switch to a different method of sound generation and/or implement new effects algorithms (rotary, overdrive). I could be wrong, but I don't thing any Module expansion is ever anything other than new samples, I don't think they ever include any update to the underlying capabilities.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

12 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

I don't have it, but if you're talking about tonewheel organ sounds, I wouldn't hold out much hope. As I see it, in this kind of "rompler" environment, a new set of samples can't really give you "better" organ sounds, just "different" ones. The ways to improve it wouldn't really be different samples, it would be to switch to a different method of sound generation and/or implement new effects algorithms (rotary, overdrive). I could be wrong, but I don't thing any Module expansion is ever anything other than new samples, I don't think they ever include any update to the underlying capabilities.

You are right. I have VB3m and really like it within AUM. But I'd love to have more organ "settings"  in Module as a standalone. I find Module more stable and less CPU intense for my old ipad mini2, so i could probably go with these organ romper like presets for a gig which is not very organ heavy.

what's the deal with this?  Module Performance Expansion 

i just bought module pro and assumed "pro" version would have that kind of stuff included... and not a 29 dollar (reg price) xtra shakedown. very shitty thing to do, Korg.

12 minutes ago, D. Gauss said:

what's the deal with this?  Module Performance Expansion 

i just bought module pro and assumed "pro" version would have that kind of stuff included... and not a 29 dollar (reg price) xtra shakedown. very shitty thing to do, Korg.

There is other version of Module than the Pro version. So what you see is what you buy, no cheating there. Just read the apps specs and it's all there before your eyes 😉 Still though the expansion add on is cheap and worth the $$

I have the free version of Module and as far as I know these expansions will (or should?) work in there. I have the Scarbee expansion but passed on the Ivory after their demo period.

I'm unsure as to whether this free version is still available - I believe I snagged it during some kind of "pandemic special" a year or so ago, when some devs were running specials. IIRC I got the Galileo organ, Moog Model 15 and Minimoog, SynthMaster One, and maybe a few others free or very cheap.

1 hour ago, yannis D said:

There is other version of Module than the Pro version. So what you see is what you buy, no cheating there. Just read the apps specs and it's all there before your eyes 😉 Still though the expansion add on is cheap and worth the $$

i only saw the free one and the "pro" one (which i bought). r u saying there is also "super pro" one or some such nonsense? also, to be clear,  these expansions and their prices do not appear anywhere (at least for me) until after you have bought module.  totally understand additionaladd-on  instruments costing more, but actual software features for a supposed "pro" version?  that's BS.

Here's a link with a comparison chart:

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/software/korg_module/specifications.php

As for the organ sounds VB3m is the way to go and it doesn't cost much more than the Organ & Clav collection. But the expansion does offer lots of different organs including combos. Rompler organs can be pretty convincing when done right especially if the Leslie slow/fast is implemented using a crossfade via the mod wheel. E-mu Vintage Keys had a few good ones and their B3 module was excellent. 

You can download the 7 day trial anyway. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, ChazKeys said:

Here's a link with a comparison chart:

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/software/korg_module/specifications.php

As for the organ sounds VB3m is the way to go and it doesn't cost much more than the Organ & Clav collection. But the expansion does offer lots of different organs including combos. Rompler organs can be pretty convincing when done right especially if the Leslie slow/fast is implemented using a crossfade via the mod wheel. E-mu Vintage Keys had a few good ones and their B3 module was excellent. 

You can download the 7 day trial anyway. 

I purchased the organ and clav add on and it's good. Mostly for non B3 sounds (Vox, some theatre organs, some cool 60s organs and so on). For pure B3 Module can't beat VB3