Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New AIR instrument plugins

They are leveraging the work they've done for the Force series so that more folks can use them:

https://www.airmusictech.com/

Hype (multi-engine synth), Electric (EPs), Solina, Odyssey, Mellotron, TubeSynth (VA), Bassline

A number of these have demos, which I hope to check out soon. It doesn't look like they use iLok (?), which could be a plus if they allow installations on more than one machine.

I'm a fan of a few of their legacy products, especially Hybrid and Velvet.

I was thinking Hype would be more programmable, like a successor to Hybrid, but appears to offer more high-level parameter tweaking than programming. This is not necessarily a bad thing, since I expect more folks tweak presets than program patches.

They are running up against Arturia and GeForce here, but there's always room for alternatives.

-John

• Like 1
I make software noises.

34 minutes ago, johnchop said:

I'm a fan of a few of their legacy products, especially Hybrid and Velvet.

A fan here too, John. I have too many general purpose synths, but the slightly overdriven ones are still interesting because each one brings a different character. For me, Vacuum Pro is still a great synth, even though the guys at Wizzoo created it a lifetime ago. Blend it with some Knifonium and maybe some Spitfire Aperture for a more modern overdrive, and Vacuum Pro will give you something interesting in that mix.

So maybe Tubesynth is something for me to look at? Thanks for the heads up. 👍 🙏

I tried all of these except Bassline.

Picked up Tubesynth. This goes in the bucket of simple, easy-to-use synths.

The rest were duplicative of what I had in Arturia or didn't really grab me. I thought Electric would be Velvet 3, but it was sort of its own thing, sort of Lounge Lizard like but with fewer modeling options.

I make software noises.