Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBD - It's been a while

I haven't done one for a while. I've certainly settled down a lot from 15 years ago. Anyway, I think I posted my Roscoe Classic P that my wife got me for Christmas a couple years ago. Great bass. Actually got me to like a P bass and has become my main bass for many things, especially the classic rock and some singer/songwriter gigs. Also my go to for jazz quartet type gigs. I actually sold my Roscoe fretless as I just wasn't playing it. Still have the Roscoe Century 5 Koa. That's a forever bass. Every time I bring it out after playing something else for a while I remember why it was/is my #1 after 10 years. 

My new one from a couple months ago is a Sadowsky. I've had a couple in the past and liked them. I wanted a more "jazz" tone for some things (the Roscoes don't have a "jazz" tone to my ear) and those things also "required" a B string. Most jazz basses, and especially 5's, are heavy and weight is a thing with me. Fortunately(?) this bass was available. It's a Sadowsky Metro Express from Japan. 5JJ hum cancelling pups and Sadowsky preamp with VTC. Beautiful sage green and morado board. Alder body, maple neck. 8.0 pounds on the nose which is really good for a 5 string jazz bass. The neck is a little wider (both ways) from my Roscoe so it's a little different feel. Roscoe 5 is 35" scale, 18mm spacing. The Sadowsky is a 34" scale, 19mm spaced bass. It's a great bass that I'm getting use to more and more. 

07CF8867-F423-485A-8ABC-5D37BBF8274F.thumb.jpeg.badfc906da5895b8652f66c38e581a34.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 5:30 AM, Leon M. said:

How do you amplify it?

Well, for most gigs I use IEM's and no amp. I have a Tuner, Empress Bass Compressor, Bass Big Muff for some dirt, and a REDDI.

When I need an amp I have a Genzler MG350/12T-V combo.