Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT? Cheap amp option for cello?

So, I have a band (musical theater pit orchestra) that has a show coming up, and we have one cellist. She's got a pickup but doesn't own an amp. Here's what I'm wondering:

-I have a Shuttle 6.0 . . . is that going to play nicely with whatever the tech is for a cello pickup?
-If so, the cab I have is way too big for the space/needs here. Is there a decent and affordable cab I can match with the Shuttle? I really don't need a lot of volume here, just adding a little ambient presence- the sound guy is taking a feed for the front of house.
-Is there a better solution (at, say, sub $500) than using the Shuttle?  

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how the pickup plays with it, but an option is always the EV ZLX line. I have a pair of ZLX 12P's and use them for everything. Also have a 15" that makes the bottom end of my bass and piano sound wonderful. It should be easy to find one you can try.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

If it's one show, don't spend money. See what you have or can borrow and just make sure the player has a bit of time to play with the EQ and settings. Keyboard amp and mini PA is an option too.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!