Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lamb Pops

We're having some friends over for dinner this weekend so I've been thinking about what to serve and decided that grilled lamb pops (chops) is just the thing. A simple but good method for these: We have a 4 foot rosemary bush growing next to the house, so the first step is to grab a couple of sprigs of that and when I get finished sniffing the glorious resin on my fingers, peel off the needles and chop them up (the rosemary, not the fingers)

Add rosemary, 2 cloves minced garlic, 3 Tbsp EVOO, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar*, and the juice of 1/4 lemon to a 1 gallon Ziploc storage bag

Season the chops with salt and pepper and toss them into the bag.

Manipulate the bag until the marinade is coating everything and place in the refrigerator for an hour or so. (set out to bring to room temp before grilling)

Heat up the grill as hot as it will go. I have a 4 burner infrared gas grill so it tops out at about 650 F,

Toss the chops on to sear for 2 minutes on a side or until the internal temperature reaches 125 F for medium rare

For really thick chops, I turn the heat down to medium to raise the core temp without drying them out.

Take the chops off and tent under aluminum foil** for 10 minutes. And serve.

* Balsamic is the secret ingredient that adds a nice glaze while searing

** I will never futz around with another roll of Aluminum foil, where your only options are to tear the foil or slice your fingers on the serrated blade on the edge of the box.

These are the only way to go

Al Foil Individual Sheets.jpg

• Love 1

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain