Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on clip on guitar tuner.

Boss TU-10.

I am done with Snarks forever. They are fragile and seem to "disappear" for some reason. 

The Boss TU-10 is accurate and sturdy but the main selling point is the display. It changes according to the lighting it is in. 

In bright sunlight it changes to non-illuminated with a light gray background and black markers. You can see it easily and tune in light that makes a Snark completely useless. 

In a dark club, it lights up brightly and works great there too. Battery life is good and as the battery gets weaker the tuner continues to work for quite a while before you can't use it. So you have time to change the battery when it's convenient. 

I've got 2 of them, one was in a gig bag I bought at a pawn shop, the other was a "Certified Roland Re-furb" I found on eBay for $16 or so. 

I showed it to the other guitarist in the band I was in and he won't use anything else now. The Snarks are ignored. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Another great alternative for you would be the Peterson StroboClip HD. I love their HD LCD tuner displays! I particularly love my StroboStomp HD; very similar displays- large, vivid, sharp and bright. If I need a clip-on, it's this one.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It's not small or clip on but back in around 2002 I paid well over $200 for a Peterson digital strobe tuner. 

It still works perfectly and more than paid for itself fairly quickly doing intonation/set up on customer's guitars. 

I haven't used the clip on but I bet it's really good. 😇

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I don't usually recommend tc electronic products but this time around I'll make an exception.  Try out the TC Electronic Unitune Clip.  Nice wide bright screen.  Highly accurate and easy to use fine tuning.  Doesn't mar the headstock.  Will shut itself off if accidently left on.  Self-righting if clipped on upside down.  I've used mine for a few years and it's still working great.  For $29 bucks with free shipping, it's hard to beat.  +1 on giving up Snark tuners...I use the chromatic TC tuner model from Sweetwater.

😎

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz