Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The last record you bought?

Duke Ellington doing Mary Poppins.  Not sure how many records he made covering other composers material, but this one is everything you'd expect....and then some.

image.jpg.5e989a2b994706a2918d7098383ed0e0.jpg

The original score has remained a fave of mine since I first heard it soemwhere around age 4.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

3 minutes ago, RABid said:

A Charlie Brown Christmas (Walmart exclusive) blue vinyl with snowflakes. Had to pay a bit of a premium on Amazon. It was a gift for my great nephew and I am thinking about buying one for myself.

Nice!!!!!  I got the green vinyl one…

dB

I work at a used record store 2 days a week, I used to work there full time. I have about 3000 lp's. I'm not saying the 2 are related...

Yesterday, I scored one of my holy grail lp's, Centipede's Septober Energy, the original 1971 double lp British pressing. Centipede was a 50-piece Avant-Jazz/Rock ensemble led by pianist Keith Tippet, who had just recently guested on King Crimson's Wake of Poseidon, and featuring many of the best UK jazz players of the era. Robert Fripp produced the album. It has been nearly unobtainable for the last 3-decades or so I've been looking for it, it was only released on CD in Japan, and the CD is just about as hard to find as the LP. I'd recently read Sid Smith's biography covering 50 years of King Crimson, which reminded me that I'd never found a copy. So, imagine my surprise to find it  at my store yesterday! $40, which is on the low-end for what it can go for.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 1 month later...

Haven't been vinyl shopping since last September, but let's see if I can remember what I ended up with.

Van Halen debut (remastered, but I still want an original pressing)

Journey - Greatest Hits 2

Queen - Innuendo

Steve Winwood - Refugees Of The Heart

Toto - Live In Tokyo 1980

Kansas - Masque

• Like 2

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I've lost track of the last batch of used albums I bought - I go shopping for used things about once every 6 weeks at a couple of beloved local shops. I'm hoping to do this tomorrow. I remember finding a Madness album during my last shopping trip, which was one I didn't have on vinyl, but on CD (I believe just the "Madness" album, which has plenty of hits).

The last new vinyl I bought was Tears For Fears' latest release, The Tipping Point. Great album!

Today I purchased King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and No Earthly Connection by Rick Wakeman. Both great albums, but only recommended if you’re into cheesy mellotron and Moog synthesizer solos from the Seventies. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, IMMusicRulz said:

Today I purchased King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and No Earthly Connection by Rick Wakeman. Both great albums, but only recommended if you’re into cheesy mellotron and Moog synthesizer solos from the Seventies. 

I have Arthur and Journey.  Used to have Earthly Connection….

Arthur sounds much better on vinyl than Journey does, IMO.

dB

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last album I purchased was probably in 1986 and was most likely some Contemporary Christian group. Maybe Keith Green, hard to say. That was a LONG time ago.

Well, that was the last one, until today...

Picked this up on Discogs:

nether-lands.jpg.574365caf42d7bb5517509cf473183aa.jpg

I guess now I should probably find a turntable and some speakers...?

🤣

• Like 2

Glenn

Casiotone CT-S1 Red

Ohana TK-14E Tenor Ukulele

Retired I.T. nerd - Expat - vegan - genealogist -- hobbyist musician

Formerly https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/users/72474/donblanco

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 6:01 AM, IMMusicRulz said:

I bought Pictures at an Exhibition by Emerson Lake and Palmer on Saturday. It is a very productive album.

I really like their cover of Nut Rocker which closes the album.

One of the early records I had.  Got it in 5th grade.

dB

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...