Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Europe trip June/July 2022 - Jazz Organist for hire!

dazzjazz

Hi all,

I'm planning on basing myself in Europe this coming June and July and I'm looking for opportunities to perform/jam and generally meet like-minded souls. 

I already have gigs in Czech Republic and Italy and hoping to add more as I go along.

So, I'd appreciate any advice regarding venues or musicians I should contact please. Please PM me here or you can write to me via my website.

Are there any regular Hammond Organ jams or venues with organs that you know of?

Regards

Darren

• Like 2

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• 2 weeks later...

Edinburgh Jazz and Blues festival is the 15th-24th of July, sure there will be someone in need of a good organist. Type the above festival into google and have a look. Might also be worth contacting the Edinburgh Jazz Bar, lots on there over the festival, including jams, etc! 

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

On 3/21/2022 at 10:30 PM, dazzjazz said:

Hi all,

I'm planning on basing myself in Europe this coming June and July and I'm looking for opportunities to perform/jam and generally meet like-minded souls. 

I already have gigs in Czech Republic and Italy and hoping to add more as I go along.

So, I'd appreciate any advice regarding venues or musicians I should contact please. Please PM me here or you can write to me via my website.

Are there any regular Hammond Organ jams or venues with organs that you know of?

Regards

Darren

i guess you'll access to a MAG in the Czech Republic . it's a fantastic instrument and getting better . have a great time

I live in Hungary. Most well known organist here is Mátyás Premetz. I believe he rents his organ out as backline for foreign acts. I don't know of any venue with an organ, but the Budapest Jazz Club or the Opus Jazz Club would certainly not be opposed to hosting an organ trio concert.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, ImproKeys said:

Where can I find the dates when they are in? The links to B3tles and THEO don't work for me.

Sorry, just saw this. Go to Larry McCray's website. www.larrymccraylive.com

Darren, you and I will just be missing each other.