Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sugar Free Waffles

I do this one on Sunday mornings with the kids because it’s easy and they’re going to dump maple syrup, powdered sugar, etc. on them anyway - no need to jack them up on twice the sugar and it’s better for me too.   Also good for waffles & gravy, fried chicken & waffles situations.  Quick and simple. 

You need a waffle iron and an electric mixer.  Turn on the waffle iron right away so your first waffle comes out right.  

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

1 1/4 cups milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil.

Mix well by hand at first, if you go for the electric mixer right away, the kitchen is going to get dusty with flour.  Once basically mixed, whip it up till you can tell these waffles are going to be fluffy. 

Use a ladle to measure out your waffle size.  Close the iron and watch the moisture escape as steam.  When the steam slows down to almost none, that waffle is cooked and golden brown. 

Get the plates, syrup and butter, whip cream, ice cream, gravy or fried chicken ready.  It’s time to eat. ;) 

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

11 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

they’re going to dump maple syrup, powdered sugar, etc. on them anyway - no need to jack them up on twice the sugar and it’s better for me too.   Also good for waffles & gravy, fried chicken & waffles situations.  Quick and simple. 

Excellent point, great tip in general.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: