Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I hope I ain't tha only person here who digs Maroon 5 bassist Mickey Madden's tone...

Nobody bothered to create a thread about Maroon 5 bassist Mickey Madden, so I'm gonna create it myself.

He was a founding member of the rock band Maroon 5, from 1996 to his eventual departure in 2020. He was in an early incarnation of the group called Kara's Flowers, which was an early incarnation of Maroon 5 that played music similar to Oasis and Del Amitri.

I recently found a CD of Hands All Over by Maroon 5 at my local Goodwill store, and noticed he plays with D'Andrea bass picks, and uses Ampeg B15 and Ampeg SVT amps. His primary basses are a 1964 Fender Precision bass, a 1965 Fender Jazz Bass, a Gibson EB2 hollowbody bass guitar, and a Stingray and Rickenbacker 4001 bass, fitted with Ernie Ball light gauge strings. Madden left the group in 2020, after an arrest for disorderly conduct. He also was once arrested years before that for attempting to sell cocaine to film producer James Gubelmann (who was also an ex-boyfriend of Ivanka Trump.)

He is a really great bass player, and most certainly the kind that doesn't have credit (since Maroon 5 is hated by most everybody, but I consider them to be a really great band.)

Here he is with his sunburst 1965 Fender Jazz Bass
image.png.9f5d1419f3acc45278e6c7b1a144906a.png
His sunburst 1964 Fender Precision bass
image.png.fda81dbff2234695b27faad4648efa18.png
And the Ric
image.png.6bd37c87885f8fd77dd2ae85013dc1af.png
I hope that these photos shed light on a new bass master like Mickey Madden. If I were making music, I would gladly hire him as a session musician. Thanks for viewing.

I totally dig M-5's first disc, no doubt.  There's three of those tunes in my solo book.   My bad for losing track of what they're doing except for what's on the radio.  But the first disc was on constant rotation for quite some time in my five disc changer BITD.

• Like 1

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• 2 weeks later...