Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I know! Blatant SPAM... National Geo Special

http://www.djdm.com/images/images/Blue_Realm_01.gif

Airing in 33 countries this month the series "Blue Realm" features 8 DJ Drunken Master tracks in the episode titled "Miracle Venom" on Discovery Channel in the US and on National Geographic carriers internationally. The previews look great with edgy music and stunning visuals combined to make for an exciting exploration of the undersea world.

The DJDM tracks appearing are (so you know what to listen for):

1 Mr. Pieces

2 We Have Begun Our Descent

3 Selena

4 Chopper Pumps

5 Impression

6 The Mexican V02

7 Peek-A-Boo-Sex Loops

8 Nigel et Simon

All of the tracks were composed exclusively in Reason over the last three years so they represent tracks from R1-R2.5.

There was some finalizing done in Sound Forge as well. :)

For info and links to check out the tracks as Weed files clonk these urls:

Dial up: http://www.djdm.com/lowwhat/lowwhat.html

Broad band: http://www.djdm.com/What/what.html

Cheers,

- DJDM

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations, DJDM.

Hey DJDM, just out-of curiosity, because I doubt I'll get a job like that, but - did you just give them a CD with the material on it, or something different, like timecode dat or something? Did you have to follow the video in anyway and compose something that was fitting for a segment? :wave:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Thanks Mike, Dak, Phil, Kcbass and Neil. :) I just found out that the show release date is slightly delayed here in the States. It seems to be airing in Canada and in Europe within the next week to two weeks (depending on what country you are talking about) but there is no posted airdate for the US just yet. I'll post the info when I find anything more.

Originally posted by pseudonym:

Congratulations, DJDM.

Hey DJDM, just out-of curiosity, because I doubt I'll get a job like that, but - did you just give them a CD with the material on it, or something different, like timecode dat or something? Did you have to follow the video in anyway and compose something that was fitting for a segment? :wave:
Hey pseudonym,

The production company that licensed the tracks did so from a composers collective that I am part of. Basically they made a request for a particular style of music and got a disk with a lot of my music along with other artists from the collective on it. They picked which songs they wanted and worked out a licensing deal. Pleasantly this gig was pretty hands off for me. :)

Basically they made a request for a particular style of music and got a disk with a lot of my music along with other artists from the collective on it. They picked which songs they wanted and worked out a licensing deal.
That is interesting! Good info, thanks! :idea:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by pseudonym:

Congratulations, DJDM.

They still like DA88s.

Awesome!

One of the many neat things about this is that National Geographic specials have a tendency to have a long life. You might see it re-aired 20 years from now. It's a nice time capsule for your tunes.

Congrats, man.

- Jeff

Welcome to the world of Mail-Box-Money! :thu:

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Super, Thanks! I seem to be having a good run right now. :)

Hey nursers, let me know when you see it down under. It seems to be playing at all kinds of different times all over the globe. :)

Boggs, Thanks!

WOW, I will. :)

Botch, Mmmm... Spam. :P

Dan, Awww... you are too kind my man.

Jeff, Wouldn't that be nice. :D

Thanks Robert. The tracks are listed in the news update on my site at: http://www.djdm.com/What/what.html They are weed files so they don't work on Mac yet (Sorry Mac users!) but you can listen to them 3 times if you just want to check them out. :)

Mike, Awwwww Yeahhhhhh!

Lance, awesome stuff. It's going to be perfect for that undersea program. I can hear why these tune of yours were chosen. Even without seeing the program I can, with the music playing, envision what could be.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived