Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Helping each other - by playing OUR music

Dr Nursers

For those that only bookmark KC, I want to have one last hurrah at promoting something that helps all of us. A few months back I set up playlists on both Spotify and Apple Music. 

If you have released any music on either platform, just go to this post and add a link. Don't worry about adding the link in both Spotify and Apple Music threads, I will automatically add two of your tracks to both.

If more of us played either of these playlists, we'd be getting a little more traffic on our music. For example, here's my Apple Music stats for all YOUR songs - check the play count. Imagine if 50 or 100 of us did the same?

Fire away :) 

Music-2.jpg

• Like 10

Listened to about an hour of this playlist on Spotify today while working around the house, and wow, it's a truly great range of talent! Was blown away by a lot of what I heard. Even learned a few things, one of my bands cover's Jamiroqui's Canned Heat, and there was a version on the playlist that had some very tasty rhodes voicing I intend to snag. Thanks for your efforts to make this happen!

• Like 1

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

2 hours ago, NewImprov said:

Listened to about an hour of this playlist on Spotify today while working around the house, and wow, it's a truly great range of talent! Was blown away by a lot of what I heard. Even learned a few things, one of my bands cover's Jamiroqui's Canned Heat, and there was a version on the playlist that had some very tasty rhodes voicing I intend to snag. Thanks for your efforts to make this happen!

Most welcome! And yeah I love playing this bunch of songs, just so much variety and fun in there. Ideally I'd love to see it being a couple of hundred songs that people just love hearing. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did i say final bump before ;) It still amuses me a little how little we listen to each other's music.

I've made a concerted effort to listen to the playlist I've set up on both Apple Music and Spotify (the links to both are in my sig), as you can see by the play numbers show below (it's only showing about a third of the songs on the list). By looking at the stats I can see pretty much no-one else uses the playlist on either platform, which is a real shame. Imagine if a few of us were clocking up a hundred or more plays for each other...

Ah well, at least I hope those who track their stats see the bump from Australia :thu: 

Further note: I always play these on shuffle so play counts are purely based on that random approach, not favouritism ;)

Music-2.jpg

17 hours ago, dazzjazz said:

Thanks so much for doing that, it’s much appreciated. 

Pleasure is all mine mate, just trying to get some increased buy-in so we all win :) 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:44 AM, NosPup said:

I’ve been listening to this play list all day, and all I can say is you guys are great !  So many awesome tracks on there. 

It's sure a diverse bunch of songs :)

15 hours ago, TommyRude said:

perhaps this could be a sticky... maybe a sticky at the top of the "Let's hear it.. post your music here" thread?

Obviously up to Brother @David Bryce - happy with anything that gets us all played a little more :)

I don't think I can do a sticky inside a single thread.  :idk:

Best I can do is post a link to this the way I've got our Sound Cloud page posted in the side column, which I've just done.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to restrict that to only one forum.  As it is, it bugs me a bit that every forum sees the Sound Cloud KC link. 🤔

dB

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s 2 tracks from the recent Citizens of the Universe ep. the second has a lengthy synth solo, which I think is one the best I’ve ever done (not saying much).

Apple Music: 

Gratitude: https://music.apple.com/us/album/gratitude/1610050007?i=1610050008

Loudmouth: https://music.apple.com/us/album/loudmouth/1610050007?i=1610050011

Spotify:

Gratitude: https://open.spotify.com/track/6dfbJwsrAmmEYGVLpxe0z4?si=javh1Cr7QzWsJYnmuuga8Q

Loudmouth: https://open.spotify.com/track/42KVQrdKz6sap6Szmf4dlY?si=ItCUMBCWR--SyrTG4rehHA

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• 1 month later...

Hey - sorry I missed your post, songs now added to both Spotify and Apple Music. Still hoping more people will take the time to listen to their fellow forumite's efforts. The Spotify playlist only has 18 likes which is a shame ( you can't tell with Apple Music). I know I play these songs every day pretty much. On Apple Music each artist has gotten just on 150 plays EACH from me alone - imagine if there were 40-50 of us doing that and sharing songs?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I may be the only person that finds this interesting, but here's the latest top 60 tunes by play count on the Apple playlist featuring forumite music (link is in my sig for both Spotify and Apple Music versions). The play counts are only what I've played, not across the 20 people who have liked the playlist. I always only use Shuffle so it's always interesting to see what hits the top, in this case @SamuelBLupowitz :) 

For those not seeing their songs, it's because you will have been added more recently so by default less plays but you are there :)

Music.jpg

Music-2.jpg

• Love 1