Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guess who i'm going to see...

The great Mr.Stanley Clarke on Saturday and I cant wait! :D

It was my annivarsary on Tuesday so I managed to persuade 'him on the sofa' to take me.

Has anyone else ever seen this genious play and when?

Experiences please....

What a lucky bunny I am and if i manage to get any pics, i'll post them up for you all.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by YaCaBaby:

The great Mr.Stanley Clarke on Saturday and I cant wait! :D

It was my annivarsary on Tuesday so I managed to persuade 'him on the sofa' to take me.

Has anyone else ever seen this genious play and when?

Experiences please....

What a lucky bunny I am and if i manage to get any pics, i'll post them up for you all.

Nice present allright...!!!!! ..he in a town there for a gig??

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

"Live Jazz friday nights at The Zodiac Bar"

Stanley is an incredible musician... one of my favs, for sure. You should enjoy the show very much, and hopefully the Couch Guy will as well.

Word of advice: I'd get to know Mr. NYC Drew if you like Stanley. Just a thought. :)

- Jeff

Chick Corea has a concert DVD out with him, Stanley, Lennie White on drums and Joe Henderson on tenor, highly recommended. Watching the unspoken communication between the band members as they blow is just incredible. Never seen Stanley live, though.... :(

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Saw Stanley with George Duke, Billy Cobham, and John Scofield, when they had the Clark Duke Project.

Got all four of them to sign a cymbal (with a magic marker) I took with me.

Sly :cool:

Correction: Went and took a look at the cymbal.

That was George Duke, Billy Cobham, Alphonso Johnson, and John Scofield. 1976 at the Ivanhoe Theater, long since gone.

When I saw Stanley and George it was probably around '83. John Robinson played drums on the 1st. album, but I can't remember if it was him playing live. It might have been Lenny White or Ndugu, or someone else.

Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

you lot make me laugh... :D

Boosh, you cheeky sod! and Ted, well him on the sofa loved every minute of it!

Guess what, i couldn't wait so went to see him last night!!!

Drew...contact me please...I'm free the 3rd of Aug but remeber i'm in London :)

What can I say!

AWESOME!!!!!

I think we are still on the ceiling now from that performance!

Stanley Clarke is 'THE MAN' and beleive me he blew a certain other bassist i know well out of the water and into space with that performance!

He did 2 sets and both were great.

His sheer personality just came through and his style of playing is so dam cool!

He plays his Alembic (which was absoutley beautiful) like he played his upright and I have never seen someone slap a both with such finnesse and style!

The band he had on stage, well they were Superband!

They were tight, had fun and really went out to entertain people there.

I am so in the sky today and as long as i will live, that will always be the gig i will remember.

Sorry to say it, but with what we saw last night, a certain Mr.King (and for me to say this as one of his biggest fans ;) !) really needs to start thinking about where hes taking this 42 thing cause Stan just took away his fcuking glory!!! But Stans always top so nothing changed there much!

I recommend that if anyone can go tonight or tomorrow, please please please, do so cause you are missing out if you dont and after 31 years of Stanley not coming to the UK, i think we wont see him for a while again let alone ever again.

Best part has to be the bass impro between Stan and his bassist Armand Sabal-Lecco it was amazing.

I have footage on video i took last night and some pictures but they are grainy but none the less you have to see this guy play to beleive what this Camaroonian can actually do!

I cant speak any more about this anymore causr i am still pretty high from the kick that gig gave me but i have to admit, when he did a version of Janet Jacksons, Funny, I had tears in my eyes...in actually fact i cryed near enough all the way through!

What a night!!!

Oh and you can really get up and personal to because SC really mingles with the fans aswell as has drinks with them so there you go, go and meet this giant and I mean hes effing tall and you wont forget it!

The support, well they were fantastic and tight as a nats bum!!!

Archived