Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternative to IEM's on stage?

I bought Westone AM30 IEMs as my very first foray and love them as they let in enough ambient stage noise to avoid feeling isolated, but I still get the benefits of IEMs.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:36 AM, MrVegas said:

Each of the musicians has their own wireless transmitter and a crappy little pair of ear buds with a 3.5mm mini-plug for the transmitter.

Replace with Westone ambients, life should start to improve from there.

For extra credit, get a 3.5mm male to 1 or 2 x XLR male cable, depending if they are giving you stereo or not.  Plugging that into your wireless thingie would be your feed from FOH, which you would add to a second mixer using the split approach above.  All the changes are at your end, there are no changes at their end.   At a minimum, you will be able to adjust the relative levels between your playing and everything else, while participating a bit more in the ambience of the moment.

Edit: the reason I suggest this approach is that I use it frequently in similar situations where they have their system and you have yours.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"